TERA In Conjunction With Unfit Finings

jjscaglione

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Good Afternoon,
Does anyone know how the VA claim works if you are approved for TERA. I know that the individual gets dis-enrolled from the IDES. The TERA/IDES checklist from the Wounded Warrior Battalion says that the VA claim get transferred to a Benefits Delivery at Discharge Claim. How does that work or what is the process. Do I need to submit a new claim?

Attachments

oddpedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Did all the claims get submitted under IDES? If so no need to resubmit. See if it pops up under the VA.gov site as well.

jjscaglione

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Thank you for responding. Yes all claims were submitted under IDES, and received my proposed rating. Everyone I’ve talked to gives me different answers. Some say I have to submit another claim and they use the previous claim, some say I don’t. I don’t understand how the VA isn’t made aware of the process. I ended up going to the VA office on Camp Pendleton to switch the claim over and was told the same thing, that I new claim gets submitted as a fully developed claim. Seems like a lot more work for the VA and the individual to go through all this when there is a claim already completed and just waiting on a DD-214 to submit. I’ve been trying to find a good contact or someone who works at the VA who knows the process.

jjscaglione

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Yes all claims were submitted under IDES, and received my proposed rating. Everyone I’ve talked to gives me different answers. Some say I have to submit another claim and they use the previous

SD_Brewer

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Yes all claims were submitted under IDES, and received my proposed rating. Everyone I’ve talked to gives me different answers. Some say I have to submit another claim and they use the previous
Did you ever receive a good answer to this? I will be in this process soon and was wondering myself. I was also told by the VA rep at IDES that it is essentially a new claim and there is a chance for different ratings.

jjscaglione

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Did you ever receive a good answer to this? I will be in this process soon and was wondering myself. I was also told by the VA rep at IDES that it is essentially a new claim and there is a chance for different ratings.
I never found a solid answer from the Wounded Warrior Battalion, my MSC or the VA. They all give different answers seems like neither of the three know anything which doesn’t surprise me. I really hope my ratings don’t change if that could possibly happen. I was rated at 100%, so it better not get reduced

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">