Terminal leave denied

Patricia

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Anyone heard of terminal leave being denied and being told to sell back leave?

Anyone heard of terminal leave being denied and being told to sell back leave?

Unfortunately, yes; this particular situation can indeed occur! Hmm, did you receive a military disability separation or a military disability retirement assuming you were a participant within the DoD IDES process?

Moreover, while in the DoD IDES process, all military accrued leave over 60 days must be sold (up to 60 days in a military career) back to the USG in order to meet the 90-day maximum limit (e.g., 60-days leave + 20-days PTDY + 10-days unit/post/installation clearing activity) for military transition to the civilian community as a military veteran.

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

Yes, I have heard of this happening to people who were getting a medical discharge or retirement. All this means is that your commander is a jerk and not looking out for your best interests.

Thanks for the info. His orders are for dec 10 and he has 63 days leave and being med retired. What is PTDY +10? Thx!

I believe PTDY is permissive temporary duty and the 10 days is regular temporary duty to give you time to out-process (neither are charged against your leave days).