Terminal Leave

JenRie

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hey everyone! I know terminal leave for the masses is 60 days. If found unfit during the MEB, Is more than that allowed? I am currently in the MEB process. I have 71 days of leave. Thanks for any advice!

Nope. However you are able to carry over 60 days through the fiscal year due to the pandemic. However, its only the total at the end of 2020. So for example, my wife had 78.5 days ending that fiscal year. She can carry over that amount through 2023. This year she has to use all 30 days or she will be over that 78.5 days. Also, if you can't use all of your leave before your NLT date to separate they force you to sell whatever leave you can't use due to having too much. The exception to this rule is for if you have sold your 60 days throughout your career which is the maximum by law. Then since you can't sell it you can request to have your orders changed to allow you to use it all.

I had more than 60 days and was allowed to take all of my leave and PTDY as terminal leave. I suspect different services interpret the rules differently.

I had more than 60 days and was allowed to take all of my leave and PTDY as terminal leave. I suspect different services interpret the rules differently.
@chaplaincharlie I am speaking for the Army. You can take as much terminal leave/PTDY that will fit inside the timeframe given by the NLT date for retirement orders issued by TRANSPOC which is typically 90 days. Generally over 60 days of leave and you won't be able to fit everything in needed to clear and + get in PTDY so you will have to sell some leave to make sure you can exit the service by the NLT date.

@chaplaincharlie I am speaking for the Army. You can take as much terminal leave/PTDY that will fit inside the timeframe given by the NLT date for retirement orders issued by TRANSPOC which is typically 90 days. Generally over 60 days of leave and you won't be able to fit everything in needed to clear and + get in PTDY so you will have to sell some leave to make sure you can exit the service by the NLT date.
That is why I mentioned service rules may vary. I have no idea what service the OP is inquiring about.