Texas 100% P & T Benefits

Frankyyy

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello I recently got my rating and was wondering what benefits and hidden/overlooked benefits come with be 100% disabled. I've been doing some research and have found generic articles and stuff but want to see from people who have used these benefits 1st hand in texas and there experiences! TIA

FRANK

Hello I recently got my rating and was wondering what benefits and hidden/overlooked benefits come with be 100% disabled. I've been doing some research and have found generic articles and stuff but want to see from people who have used these benefits 1st hand in texas and there experiences! TIA

FRANK
100% P&T Benefits, the biggest is property taxes IMHO, you'll have to file before the cutoff date, which varies by local juris. Call the auditor's office in your county; taxes are levied by local taxing units. Texas is a pretty veteran friendly state.

Best advice, overall, get on base and get your DVA military ID card asap. If you have a family, they can obtain this as well (if of age, I think 13). I actually enjoy being on military bases, because I like order and cleanliness. The National Parks is a pretty cool one too.

100% P&T Benefits, the biggest is property taxes IMHO, you'll have to file before the cutoff date, which varies by local juris. Call the auditor's office in your county; taxes are levied by local taxing units. Texas is a pretty veteran friendly state.

Best advice, overall, get on base and get your DVA military ID card asap. If you have a family, they can obtain this as well (if of age, I think 13). I actually enjoy being on military bases, because I like order and cleanliness. The National Parks is a pretty cool one too.
Hello,

Do you have to be p&t for the property tax, what if your temp and pending a furture evaluation? Also, I have not yet explored these benefits first hand, but to add to the list I have read free combo license, disabled vet plate (free on tolls), and also the Hazelwood act for school (you and dependants kinda should read about it).

100% Schedular
Congrats! Benefits include:
• At 100% schedular, you can work with no issues.
• Full healthcare with no copays at 50% or more.
• Travel pay at 30% or more.
• Dependent's pay at 30% or more.
• VR&E at 10% or more.
• Base IDs (Exchange/Commissary/MWR) for Veteran and dependents unless you are retired military.
• VA dental or with VR&E or SC mouth or jaw injuries.
• Possible SSDI (Time Limited!)
• S-DVI waiver of $10,000 life insurance at 100% IU or SSDI (Time Limited!)
• CHAMPVA (dependent's medical) if you are permanent (P&T) unless you have TriCare.
• DEA (dependent's education) if you are permanent (P&T).
• Federal student loan forgiveness or with SSDI.
• VADIP (VA Dental Insurance Program) for Veterans enrolled in VA healthcare
• VADIP (VA Dental Insurance Program) for dependent's if CHAMPVA eligible
• Space-A Flights (Cat VI) - Veteran only
• Non-VA ER if you are permanent (P&T)
• 3 free non-VA Urgent Care visits per calendar year at 50% and above
• Hearing aids and eye exams and glasses are included with VA Healthcare.
• Here is a link to all the federal benefits.
• Don't forget each state has benefits also and may include tax exemptions, tuition waiver and more. Here is a link but check your state VA website for more details. Veterans benefits 2020: Most popular state benefit - VAntage Point

If you have recently been determined to 100% P&T and live in Texas, your taxes will be prorated from the date you file. For example if you filed 1 July. You would owe half a year's property tax for the first half of the year and none for the second half.

If you are 100%, but not P&T, you can apply, but must share a new benefits letter every three years with the appraisal district to show that you are still 100%. If you are P&T then you only have to show your benefits letter once.

If you are less than 100%, there are some reduced discounts.

Another benefits is the Hazlewood Act. You can go to a State College tuition free, if your VA benefits have lapsed.

If you have recently been determined to 100% P&T and live in Texas, your taxes will be prorated from the date you file. For example if you filed 1 July. You would owe half a year's property tax for the first half of the year and none for the second half.

If you are 100%, but not P&T, you can apply, but must share a new benefits letter every three years with the appraisal district to show that you are still 100%. If you are P&T then you only have to show your benefits letter once.

If you are less than 100%, there are some reduced discounts.
Thank you!