The VA disability claim options

es2330

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I'm about to get discharged from the Army, almost completing 3 yrs of my service.

i've been looking into 2 different types of VA disability claims, and not quite sure which one would be better choice.

Since i'm getting chaptered through 5-17(adjustment disorder with depression mood) once i get my release date, i would have less than 90 days, so BDD is not an option for me.

it just leaves me with Decision ready claim and Fully developed claim.

I was looking into Decision ready claim, just because it says VSO can get me to the claim exam(assuming C&P) while i'm still on active duty and get the decision pretty quick

whereas fully developed claim is just done after the discharge.

If anyone of you have experiences on any of this claim types, and found goods or bads, please share here.

es2330

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
What exactly is this?
So, i was a line medic, and was forced to be best division medic, forced to do some ranger standard pt and got injured on my back.
received profile and infantry NCOs started talking shiet saying i'm wrong for having profile this and that,
it got worse and had tear on my disc and bulging out this and that.
still they didnt give a shiet and gave me hard time, so i became depressed.

I guess adjustment disorder with depression mood, i got depressed not being able to adapt to the situation in the army bull shiet.
just the way they fked me up and kick me out with 5-17 chapter

gsfowler

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I'm about to get discharged from the Army, almost completing 3 yrs of my service.

i've been looking into 2 different types of VA disability claims, and not quite sure which one would be better choice.

Since i'm getting chaptered through 5-17(adjustment disorder with depression mood) once i get my release date, i would have less than 90 days, so BDD is not an option for me.

it just leaves me with Decision ready claim and Fully developed claim.

I was looking into Decision ready claim, just because it says VSO can get me to the claim exam(assuming C&P) while i'm still on active duty and get the decision pretty quick

whereas fully developed claim is just done after the discharge.

If anyone of you have experiences on any of this claim types, and found goods or bads, please share here.
The C&p portion of the claims process is pretty quick lately, therefore the decision ready claim is a good option. I would not want to accept the chapter 5-17. The Army is all too quick to use adjustment d/o as a diagnosis for the purpose of chaptering soldiers.

Have you had the depressive symptoms for greater than 6 months? If you have AD is off the table as fas as a chapter is concerned. Get to the VA as soon as possible to get a diagnosis from them.

es2330

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The C&p portion of the claims process is pretty quick lately, therefore the decision ready claim is a good option. I would not want to accept the chapter 5-17. The Army is all too quick to use adjustment d/o as a diagnosis for the purpose of chaptering soldiers.

Have you had the depressive symptoms for greater than 6 months? If you have AD is off the table as fas as a chapter is concerned. Get to the VA as soon as possible to get a diagnosis from them.
its hitting 6 months soon. I have been fighting to get MEB for over 5 months and in just tired of being here. nobody helped me out. even there were pain management and neuro surgery specialty doctors who said my back is meb criteria, my unit try to kick me out asap. had MEB attorney who says I seem to meet MEB criteria for bh is sure rather than chapter. brigade legal says there is no issue on chapter.

so decision ready claim, the Georgia department of veteran service guy, he was telling me that I don't get c&p exam for DRC when it clearly says vso rep can help me with claim exam. any clue?

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">