Thoughts on whether this NARSUM indicates fit/unfit?

Deskania

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
My packet was sent to the iPEB 08/08 and at this point I’m very nervous because i definitely want to be found unfit. Judging by this NARSUM do you think it’s likely? Also my commanders letter stated that I’m able to do the duties required of me by my MOS however i can’t do the task required of me as a “Soldier”.

Attachments

• 8C9E9647-5CD3-4225-9AA1-1C2AB95FF417.png
    8C9E9647-5CD3-4225-9AA1-1C2AB95FF417.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 76
  • FE992B4B-26C9-45E9-B04A-83D1C215A868.png
    FE992B4B-26C9-45E9-B04A-83D1C215A868.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 74
unfit it looks like 0% too.

If you do you have to pay back through your VA compensation.

If you do you have to pay back through your VA compensation.
Why? I’m sorry i don’t fully understand this process but on another note i did receive a memo stating i was unfit yesterday. When i talked to legal they said based on my conditions they estimated 20% dod 70-80% VA.. but you said based on my ROM I’m looking at 0% dod is that the only rating factor w/ abductor tendinitis?

Yes, its incredibly stupid but a lot of physical impairments are rated solely off ROM. When or if you receive severance from the DOD federal law mandates that you pay that money back through your VA compensation IF the VA is also paying you for the same condition its to prevent "double dipping" as Congress puts it. So in lay terms, they say its wrong to receive severance from the DOD for a medical condition that the VA is paying you on as well and the severance needs to be paid back.

Correction...

If found unfit at 0%, your severance does NOT get recouped by the VA.

Why? I’m sorry i don’t fully understand this process but on another note i did receive a memo stating i was unfit yesterday. When i talked to legal they said based on my conditions they estimated 20% dod 70-80% VA.. but you said based on my ROM I’m looking at 0% dod is that the only rating factor w/ abductor tendinitis?

We are only seeing two pages that you have taken photos of. Based upon the range of motion we see, the rating would be 0%. There may be more than one unfit condition that legal is looking at. Additionally there may be more factors to the DBQ's that have been completed by the C&P examiner.

In order to get to 70-80% VA you must have many more claimed conditions than just the hip.

Correction...

If found unfit at 0%, your severance does NOT get recouped by the VA.

We are only seeing two pages that you have taken photos of. Based upon the range of motion we see, the rating would be 0%. There may be more than one unfit condition that legal is looking at. Additionally there may be more factors to the DBQ's that have been completed by the C&P examiner.

In order to get to 70-80% VA you must have many more claimed conditions than just the hip.
My hips were my only medically unacceptable & unfitting condition.