Threatened...

Elitechairbornranger

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I was told that I either go to the orderly room (where fuckups go) or go to the WTU because I guess they just can't stand the sight of me. Not sure. I was reading the criteria. I fit all of it. My only questions are the part about where it asks if you are separating? What is the minimum time period you can be assigned to WTB? I have 8 months left in ARMY. I have been on profile for 8 months already (right hip surgery), will be getting left hip done in Septemberish. IF i go do i have a choice if I will be MEB'ed? I do not want to start the process now because it will keep me in longer and I don't want to miss the start of school.

I was told that I either go to the orderly room (where fuckups go) or go to the WTU because I guess they just can't stand the sight of me. Not sure. I was reading the criteria. I fit all of it. My only questions are the part about where it asks if you are separating? What is the minimum time period you can be assigned to WTB? I have 8 months left in ARMY. I have been on profile for 8 months already (right hip surgery), will be getting left hip done in Septemberish. IF i go do i have a choice if I will be MEB'ed? I do not want to start the process now because it will keep me in longer and I don't want to miss the start of school.

Not a counselor by any stretch but here goes...

Don't get blinded by your desire to get out so that you can start school. Correct me if I am wrong on this but schools are continually accepting new students each semester. No big deal if you need to wait.

You would rather forgo a lifetime of benefits so that you can start school in 8 months?? Don't lose sight of the big picture. On this site as well as other sites, veterans are continually attempting to get their Separations amended to either reflect a Medical Separation or Medical Retirement.

You do not get a choice per se in going into a MEB. You do however have a voice in how the whole thing plays out. If you are to receive a P3 Profile, that should generate a referral into the MEB Process.

Just my opinion, but if you are referred that means that the system is taking care of you and not kicking you down the curb.

Just my two cents.

Take care and good luck to you.

It wasn't a referral pre say. It was a threat to send me to the WTU with a ,"grass isn t always greener statement and how difficult it is to get in. That is why I was asking about the minimum time to get into the WTU and if you can separate from the WTU normally without going to MEB. IF I was submitted for one at this point I would welcome it. I apologize I have been thrown for a loop and now I am reeling. My life is changing drastically again and I will most likely have to stay in. What are the reasons you can be denied from the WTU? I read the entry standards I by far and away meet the paragraph 4(1)a standard.

also my unit will not medboard me unless my leg is blown off. I am being literal here. I had to fight to be seen at the pain management clinic here after hip surgery. When I did that they tried to label me a drug addict, malingerer, etc. I live in the twilight zone.

During my service I had a similar issue with my unit, but I had a NCO who looked out for me.. One of the first things you need to do, is familiarize yourself with all of your resources. Especially the ones available on this site. Army Regulations can be your best and worst friend, depending on your knowledge of them. With that said, continue to do your best to maintain, even-though you have to deal with the pain. The profile that the caring physician placed you on is meant to protect you from aggravating the injury or causing further damage.

http://www.pebforum.com/site/resources/categories/army-policy-letters-and-guidance.8/

Now, more useful information for all the collective mind here to help you would be:

What type of profile before surgery?

How long have you been on it?

What type of profile after surgery

How long for recovery?

So, I think you can see where I am going here, we need a bit of history, as it all will tie into what the Army Regulations provides in terms of the MEB option.

And for the life of me, I can't remember where the guidance is located for Physicians, Commanders, and Soldiers to request a med board. But, I have been out of the service since 07'

What type of profile before surgery? I had a 333111 before the surgery, then after I had/ have a 113111 both temporary but I have had them since nov of 2013. so I am pretty sure that I was suppose to be reviewed for those. Surgery recovery is advertised as 6-9 months but the surgeon said in reality it is 9-12 months. I had the first on the 24feb14 and was told yesterday by him that he would renew my profile which he said in reality extends for a year if he wants and he said will do the second surgery in august-september-october timeframe with another 6-9 months after that. I get out as of right now on the 24feb2015. That may not happen obviously now. I was reading today that I can request assignment to the WTU with a 4187. likely if I am sent there they will MEB me. I did the "should you be assigned to the WTU matrix" just to see even though it says it must be filled out by healthcare professional. I did a regular one then a conservative one I hit 1401- 4700 score range. I also read that attachment/ assignment is the rule not the exception. I have made my mind up to go. The thing is these people are insane. First I said I don't want to go so they threaten me with it now that I say sure I'll go they tell me how the grass isn't always greener, and how hard it is to get in.

So, you are crossing 6 months are the recovery process at this time. I guess the question to ask, is has there been any improvement after the surgery during the recovery time? Because, I think 6 months is a long time to be on a T3 profile, without the physician considering a P3 to replace it , and maybe a re-class depending on your job in the service. Do you have an Ombudsman that you can discuss this issue with locally?

considering I do not know what an ombudsman is I don't think I have one. I think you are correct on the profile classification. There is significant increase in ROM but my joint is still very painful and pivoting my leg is not going to happen. The way I feel now about it is never on the pivoting.

Ombudsman
  1. an official appointed to investigate individuals' complaints against maladministration, especially that of public authorities.
There should be one located at your duty station or assigned to your area.

well, should I bring up the profile to someone? I am wondering with this WTU thing and all what is going to happen

well, should I bring up the profile to someone? I am wondering with this WTU thing and all what is going to happen

If you are going to discuss your profile with anyone, it should be the treating physician. Make sure he/she knows how you are progressing in physical rehab, and you might even bring up your unit commander's issues with your profile hindering your ability to preform your duties. Especially before, you jump into the whole WTU, or MEB question. Also, make sure to find who your local Ombudsman is, as this will be of great help, should things start to go south.

okay, where would that person be? The WTU thing was brought up by them. They gave me a choice to go to the orderly room or WTU. I choose WTU. I just saw the surgeon. He knows about the non-pivoting thing. I am not sure it is reflected in the new profile. I just called to remind them to re-new it.