Timeline for Lejeune (Late 2016)

505grr

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I've been lurking on here for a while and just wanted to share my dates because I've found other people doing that extremely helpful. This process has been less than transparent and most of it has felt as if it's a guessing game. I'm trying to go to UNC Chapel Hill in the fall of 2017 and I really need some results whether good, bad, or indifferent. I'm almost a year past my original EAS at this point.

Initial Injury: Aug 2015
Referred to MEB: Early October 2016
QTC Contacted Me for Appointments: 13 Oct 2016
VA / QTC Exams: 1 Nov - 20 Nov 2016
PEB Forwarded and Accepted: 8 Dec 2016

It seems that Marines with similar timelines as mine have been getting results about a little less than two months after being accepted by the PEB. I can only assume that I should have my E-Benefits claim change to "Historical" or receive a call from the PEBLO with fit/unfit findings. I think the Christmas break likely added two weeks to my timeframe.

Timelines are really hit or miss. Unfortunately it's hard to gauge when your package will come back if you compare it to others here.

That being said and based on your above timeline it seems you are awaiting the PEB's determination of unfit or fit. Is that the case?

PEBLO's don't like to tell you if you're unfit until it comes back from the board with your DoD rating (unfitting condition rating) as well as your VA ratings. It can be very annoying.

Also ebenefits while a very helpful resource is always supremely frustrating when it comes to timelines. How it's "supposed to happen" is you'll get an initial claim under historical that will list all of your claimed conditions with the VA. Then once you are found "unfit" that package gets sent to the VA and a second claim should be opened labeled "IDES" or something similar. When the VA is done with all your ratings they close that claim out and send your package back to the PEB.
The problem is that doesn't always happen. It's really whatever raters you get determine how quickly your package gets processed.

Keep your thread bumped so that others can chime in as well. This place is a becon of Hope in the otherwise abysmal IDES/PEB process.

Timelines are really hit or miss. Unfortunately it's hard to gauge when your package will come back if you compare it to others here.

That being said and based on your above timeline it seems you are awaiting the PEB's determination of unfit or fit. Is that the case?

PEBLO's don't like to tell you if you're unfit until it comes back from the board with your DoD rating (unfitting condition rating) as well as your VA ratings. It can be very annoying.

Also ebenefits while a very helpful resource is always supremely frustrating when it comes to timelines. How it's "supposed to happen" is you'll get an initial claim under historical that will list all of your claimed conditions with the VA. Then once you are found "unfit" that package gets sent to the VA and a second claim should be opened labeled "IDES" or something similar. When the VA is done with all your ratings they close that claim out and send your package back to the PEB.
The problem is that doesn't always happen. It's really whatever raters you get determine how quickly your package gets processed.

Keep your thread bumped so that others can chime in as well. This place is a becon of Hope in the otherwise abysmal IDES/PEB process.
Thanks for the words of wisdom.
You're correct, I'm waiting on the fit/unfit determination. I don't understand why the PEBLO's keep everything so secretive. I've been checking ebenefits about once a night. Like others, I have A LOT riding on getting out of the Corps in a timely matter.

Did you get your severance yet? I could have sworn that I read somewhere that the service member is supposed to actually receive the money prior to officially separating.

Thanks for the words of wisdom.
You're correct, I'm waiting on the fit/unfit determination. I don't understand why the PEBLO's keep everything so secretive. I've been checking ebenefits about once a night. Like others, I have A LOT riding on getting out of the Corps in a timely matter.

Did you get your severance yet? I could have sworn that I read somewhere that the service member is supposed to actually receive the money prior to officially separating.

For whatever reason they don't like to give to anything. I know I saw my "IDES" claim open up in Ebenefits, my local PEBLO told me as well as my Sr. Chief that I was found "unfit". The main PEBLO wouldn't say anything.

And no you don't get paid Severence until you are out. I didn't get my last normal paycheck either. Basically it's System logic why you get paid certain ways and also the law that you don't rate severance until you are separated.

I wish I still had access to DTMS I could track my 11060, however I have to play the waiting game.

For whatever reason they don't like to give to anything. I know I saw my "IDES" claim open up in Ebenefits, my local PEBLO told me as well as my Sr. Chief that I was found "unfit". The main PEBLO wouldn't say anything.

And no you don't get paid Severence until you are out. I didn't get my last normal paycheck either. Basically it's System logic why you get paid certain ways and also the law that you don't rate severance until you are separated.

I wish I still had access to DTMS I could track my 11060, however I have to play the waiting game.
Hopefully you'll get your money soon!

Super boot question:
My eBenefits has not been changed at all... It still says 'Review of Evidence' and nothing under historical either. My PEBLO has no knowledge of my case status. Still just waiting to find out if I'm fit/unfit.

I just called the VA and the nice lady on the phone told me that it seems the VA is actively working on my claim and the last status she saw was on the 31st of January.

From my understanding the VA doesn't really do anything with your claim unless you're found unfit and it's forwarded from the PEB. Is that correct? So is it safe to assume that I've likely been found unfit?

Hopefully you'll get your money soon!

Super boot question:
My eBenefits has not been changed at all... It still says 'Review of Evidence' and nothing under historical either. My PEBLO has no knowledge of my case status. Still just waiting to find out if I'm fit/unfit.

I just called the VA and the nice lady on the phone told me that it seems the VA is actively working on my claim and the last status she saw was on the 31st of January.

From my understanding the VA doesn't really do anything with your claim unless you're found unfit and it's forwarded from the PEB. Is that correct? So is it safe to assume that I've likely been found unfit?

Yes the VA won't have your package if you were found "fit". Also a finding of fit and you'll hear back from the board in about two weeks from the time it's accepted. The longer it takes the better, in what weird logic that makes sense.

Yes the VA won't have your package if you were found "fit". Also a finding of fit and you'll hear back from the board in about two weeks from the time it's accepted. The longer it takes the better, in what weird logic that makes sense.
Sweet! Thanks for the info. I also called the PEB and the dude was nice enough to drop a strong hint that I was unfit. Now, just waiting on the vA :/

Spoke to a nice lady on the 1-800 VA number (by the way, the operators at that hotline have been the nicest people and actually very helpful) and was told that my proposed ratings were sent back to the PEB. One step closer.

• c. Aug 2015 : Initial Unfitting Injury
  • 10 October 2016: Referred to MEB after second LIMDU ending
  • 13 Oct 2016: QTC Contacts me for Appointments
  • 1 Nov - 20 Nov 2016: VA/QTC Appointments
  • 8 Dec 2016: PEB Accepted by Board (MOL)
  • 1 Feb 2017: Found Unfit by calling PEB (No changes to eBenefits)
  • 8 Feb 2017: Waiting... Preparation for Decision
  • 11 Feb 2017: Proposed ratings sent to PEB

Received proposed ratings today. 30% DOD / 40% VA. Likely going to be TDRL. Can't say that I'm really happy. Nor am I really sad. I mean, before I was injured I wasn't expecting anything at all anyways.

Holy crap. Just got called to sign for my findings. It took 5 days for the PEB to send it back to the PEBLO???? I'm honestly in shock. A little worried too.

Hoping that I will get the call soon as well. My package was accepted by the board only 4 days after yours.

Some how, some way the PEB rated me as PDRL and not TDRL even though the recommendation from the VA said that the unfitting condition may be temporary. Either way, I signed the findings and ran away with my papers as quickly as possible! 30% DOD / 40% VA, PDRL.

Still waiting on my retirement date to post. It's been almost two weeks since I signed my findings. The waiting continues...

Seems like we have both hit a snag. I still have not received the call saying that my findings were back. I called the PEB directly but that did not get me any new information. All they said was that my PEBLO would call me as soon as they released the letter.

Finally got my retirement date. However, it's about a month earlier than I was expecting. Called/E-mailed MMSR-4 to change my date.

Five more days until PTAD and terminal leave. I can see the light!!!!

Five more days until PTAD and terminal leave. I can see the light!!!!
Congratulations Brother. I'm just waiting to get my EAS in the system from MMSR.

Dang. That's a huge disparity between our cases. You were beating me all the way until the VA sent it back to the PEB. And it took more than a month longer for you to get your official findings back. That's crazy. I'm glad you're waiting for your eas now. They originally gave me a day I didn't like and I had it changed by a month later. I went to IPAC and the LCPL tried telling me that I could take no longer than 15 days of leave/PTAD. I laughed all the way until he showed me to his SNCO who fixed it all for me.

Dang. That's a huge disparity between our cases. You were beating me all the way until the VA sent it back to the PEB. And it took more than a month longer for you to get your official findings back. That's crazy. I'm glad you're waiting for your eas now. They originally gave me a day I didn't like and I had it changed by a month later. I went to IPAC and the LCPL tried telling me that I could take no longer than 15 days of leave/PTAD. I laughed all the way until he showed me to his SNCO who fixed it all for me.

How many days of PTAD do you rate for retirement and do you get to use terminal leave on top of that?

The order states 20 days. You can take it all at once and in conjunction with terminal leave. My situation was different since I was staying in the local area. I was able to extend my PTAD for about 31 days because I only used PTAD during the weekdays. For all intents and purposes, I used 20 days of PTAD and 30 days of terminal to get me out of work from 1 April to 30 May.