Timeline - Jax

I am as well, I have called the PEB office in DC and gotten info from them so I just kind of quit asking my PEBLO. It’s hard being patient when the process is taking so long and I have such an uncertain future. I was referred to MEB in March and it is still being reviewed by the docs in DC. I also have 5 addendums to my reffered condition though so I am assuming that has something to do with it.

I am as well, I have called the PEB office in DC and gotten info from them so I just kind of quit asking my PEBLO. It’s hard being patient when the process is taking so long and I have such an uncertain future. I was referred to MEB in March and it is still being reviewed by the docs in DC. I also have 5 addendums to my reffered condition though so I am assuming that has something to do with it.
I'm not sure what system they use to track this stuff but yeah, for whatever reason, even after I called the PEB myself to confirm the unfit findings, my PEBLO was not able to see that update. So I'm curious what the disconnect is.

I'm not sure what system they use to track this stuff but yeah, for whatever reason, even after I called the PEB myself to confirm the unfit findings, my PEBLO was not able to see that update. So I'm curious what the disconnect is.
Exactly. I feel like the disconnect between all parties involved is part of the reason it takes so long.

Findings came in this morning!

7FEB19 - Limdu (i had been limdu twice before for the same diagnosis, so this time I decided to go ahead with a PEB)
21FEB19 - PEB initiated
10APR19 - Last C&P Exam
15MAY19 - NARSUM completed and signed
16MAY19 - Package sent to PEB
02JUL19 - Found out I was unfit and package was going through QA before being sent to VA. Not sure exact date that I was found unfit.
31JUL19 - Called Providence, RI office. Found out my proposed ratings were sent out on 29JUL and should be getting back to my PEBLO any day now
14AUG19 - Still haven't heard anything from PEBLO. I imagine my case has been back at the PEB the past two weeks. I don't know exactly how long it is supposed to take for them to decide their ratings. So, I called the VA today to see if they would fax me my proposed VA ratings since it has been more than 10 days. Good news there: 90% ! I'm pleasantly surprised, and happy with that. Now I will continue to wait for my PEBLO's call.
16AUG19- Findings came back 90% VA / 70% DOD TDRL. I'm actually quite shocked at that number from DOD. I genuinely didn't expect anything over 30. Tuesday I will meet have a phone meeting with the JAG(?) I think thats what it is, and formally accept findings and all that.

I am happy with this. Honestly, I find the DOD disability percentage stuff quite confusing. I will continue to update as the process comes to a close, because I'm curious as to how long exactly it'll be before I'm out. I only have like ~33 leave days on the books for terminal currently. I can't seem to find much info on what to expect as far as that timeline goes. My PEBLO said 45-90 days after accepting findings, which is quite a vague window. And yes I know everyone's case is different, but hopefully mine can help shed light.

Findings came in this morning!

7FEB19 - Limdu (i had been limdu twice before for the same diagnosis, so this time I decided to go ahead with a PEB)
21FEB19 - PEB initiated
10APR19 - Last C&P Exam
02JUL19 - Found out I was unfit and package was going through QA before being sent to VA. Not sure exact date that I was found unfit.
31JUL19 - Called Providence, RI office. Found out my proposed ratings were sent out on 29JUL and should be getting back to my PEBLO any day now
14AUG19 - Still haven't heard anything from PEBLO. I imagine my case has been back at the PEB the past two weeks. I don't know exactly how long it is supposed to take for them to decide their ratings. So, I called the VA today to see if they would fax me my proposed VA ratings since it has been more than 10 days. Good news there: 90% ! I'm pleasantly surprised, and happy with that. Now I will continue to wait for my PEBLO's call.
16AUG19- Findings came back 90% VA / 70% DOD TDRL. I'm actually quite shocked at that number from DOD. I genuinely didn't expect anything over 30. Tuesday I will meet have a phone meeting with the JAG(?) I think thats what it is, and formally accept findings and all that.

I am happy with this. Honestly, I find the DOD disability percentage stuff quite confusing. I will continue to update as the process comes to a close, because I'm curious as to how long exactly it'll be before I'm out. I only have like ~33 leave days on the books for terminal currently. I can't seem to find much info on what to expect as far as that timeline goes. My PEBLO said 45-90 days after accepting findings, which is quite a vague window. And yes I know everyone's case is different, but hopefully mine can help shed light.
I was told by my PEBLO that 90 days from the time you sign.

How do you do this? Or who do you request that too, I have heard that we can’t do that?
Once you get your ratings you'll get a NLT but when you get a memo that has to be signed by the commander or 1SG you can request an earlier date

So I just so happened to find out my new EAOS by accident. The message was sent from Pers on 28AUG, but I had no idea. Im guessing it got buried underneath the bajillion Fleet Weather Center messages about the hurricane. I was looking through message traffic and saw it. So, new out date is 27NOV19. Terminal leave plus house/job hunting leave would have me starting terminal 27SEP. So I'm panicking right now because that is literally 3 weeks away and had I not been bored and nosey on watch who knows when I would have found out!

And being that it is Friday night, I have to wait until Monday morning to talk to anybody. But I'm trying to be calm because this should be one of the last times I'm having a navy-induced anxiety attack. Thanksgiving is going to be awesome!

Last edited:
21FEB19 - PEB initiated
10APR19 - Last C&P Exam
28AUG19- TDRL message came out with new EAOS of 27NOV19.
26SEP19- Begin PTDY+Terminal leave