TIMELINE: MEB THROUGH PEB

The question on most of our minds is this:

How long is it all going to take?

This is an attempt to answer that question, but it's going to take all of us to do it. The idea is to give a very detailed account of the timeline of each person's case. It's one thing to say "in February I was tumpy tumpy" but there's a world of difference and two pay periods between the beginning of the month and end of it.

Somwhere there's the theory if the sample population (ours here) is large enough, it comes to represent the whole (all military members going through this). If there are enough people who take notes and are good at remembering dates, or do like I do and keep a monthly planner you can keep notes in, then it would go a long way to easing others' minds about how long they should really expect things to take.

I want to thank you all for participating!

-Guy

I finally have orders in hand, my final out is November 17th 2009

now if the ID card station here in london, ky can figure out how to issue an ID card for people placed on TDRL I will be flying.

Congrats on your findings. You will be home for the holidays I suspect. Now don't forget to apply for your VA benefits if you haven't already.

I plan on filing as soon as I know my final out date. I should get my orders next week sometime.

Congrats to all those getting their answers back. I picked January 8th as my separation date and should start my terminal leave the Monday before Thanksgiving, just enough time to drive home and be with family!

Yeah. I know I have close to 30 days saved up. Plus Im gonna see if my commander will sign of on some permissive tdy. :) Hopefully the PDA gets my stuff back next week.

So here is my story.......

June 2009 -started being overly stressed at work due to EOY started seeing Mental Health
August 2009- broke up with fiance of 3 years, was raped, treated like crap by command like i deserved it, continued seeing MH and started seeing sexual assault couselor
September 2009-was diagnosed with bipolar and told I was being MEB'd, PEBLO explained process to best of ability and told me it wouldn't take too long for the commander's letter and NARSUM
October 28-Received commanders letter (that asshole actually had the balls to call me promiscuous instead of stating I was attacked :mad: which OSI is proving at the present time) and the NARSUM which stated that it did not exist prior to service and was aggrevated by service (good news right?)
October 29-signed everything stating I agreed with it all and to send it to MEB for review, PEBLO said it would probably be sent out Monday and results would be back in 8-12 weeks but then it goes to IPEB right? I am a little confused about this. And then they still have to give me outprocessing time I am guessing so I should be home by Feb-March??? Maybe? :confused:
As you all know it is so stressful trying to plan for a job and school when you don't know when you will be home. I appreciate this forum more than words can say and any advise or words of wisdom/hope are always appreciated ;)

Can the PDA change a fit or unfit finding?

Yes, but it is less likely if you have agreed. Overall, it is pretty rare for the PDA to change the outcome.

littlehippie86,

Sorry for missing your earlier posts, I just returned from a trip to San Antonio for a Formal PEB.

So here is my story.......

October 28-Received commanders letter (that asshole actually had the balls to call me promiscuous instead of stating I was attacked :mad: which OSI is proving at the present time) and the NARSUM which stated that it did not exist prior to service and was aggrevated by service (good news right?)
Sounds like an awful commander. Sorry to hear that. But the NARSUM sounds helpful/

October 29-signed everything stating I agreed with it all and to send it to MEB for review, PEBLO said it would probably be sent out Monday and results would be back in 8-12 weeks but then it goes to IPEB right? I am a little confused about this.
No, the IPEB is where it has gone, so they will give you the results. Only insight I would add is that they have recently gone through a bit of personnel turnover at AF PEB (informal and formal). That and the holidays approaching may tend to slow things down a bit.

And then they still have to give me outprocessing time I am guessing so I should be home by Feb-March??? Maybe? :confused:
I think this is reasonable if you accept the informal PEB findings. However, if you demand formal, don't accept their findings, and appeal as many times as possible, then things may slow down considerably.

As you all know it is so stressful trying to plan for a job and school when you don't know when you will be home. I appreciate this forum more than words can say and any advise or words of wisdom/hope are always appreciated ;)
I hope this was helpful and that you get a great outcome. The waiting is tough, but it will pass.

Just completed my MEB/PEB Madigan. I am E5 Cav Scout Idaho National Guard. Here is my experience. Began on active duty 1993, Injured with LOD at FT Campbell KY 1996 right knee meniscus and ACL. Got fixed, drove on. Left Active in 2000, granted 10% VA. Became a cop, sheriffs department. Joined ID National Guard in 2002. Deployed to Iraq 2004. In 2005, While on patrol got wacked, MY FRIGGIN right knee again. Medevac from theater sent to FT Bliss MED HOLD. About 3 months there, was approved for CBHCO. Went back to Idaho had three surgeries. Rode a wheel chair about 12 months. Felt better, drove on. VA GRATIOUSLY granteed me another 10% for the second injury. I stayed in The Guard. 2008 PT test. 1.5 miles into the 2 mile run right knee went BANG. Passed the run, exploded my knee. LOD number 3, same knee. Went on sick time with the sheriffs department, I was at this time a narcotics investigator. Began to draw INCAP pay from The Guard in DEC 2008. Had two more surgeries, this time I was relieved of alot of broken stuff. Well didn't drive on and went to the FFD at Madigan in April 09. Yup...you no fit Joe. MMB started in June 09. Today 29 OCT 09 got my PEB results and concurred. 20% right knee Combat Realted. My career as a dope cop was ended in April 08 by a newly elected sheriff who determined that I had, while undergoing treatments, abandoned my job. YUP...you guessed it, I got injured, again, while on duty. USERRA was in full force. Yes a federal complaint has been filed and the county served. Point to all this. Anyone with INCAP, Employer, USERRA, MEB/PEB (on the guard side), or VA issues or questions, ask away.

OK can anyone who has gone through the MEB/PEB process and has been awarded a rating by PEBLO give me an idea of what I might be expecting overall for my injuries/status. I am in a WTB, and may be facing a PEB/MEB soon.

Chronic neck pain
Chronic upper and lower and middle back pain
Post Concusson Syndrome
Moderate uncontrolled Migraines
Bilateral Knee laxity
Severe Chronic Chest Pain
Chronic Bursitis in both elbows
Chronic wrist pain
Chronic Shoulder pain
Carpel Tunnel Syndrome
My eyes swim in and out of focus
Dizzines
Unresolved Insomnia
Chronic Mild PTSD
Sleep Apnea (I will be on a CPAP)
High Blood Pressure
Blackouts

Please note that a lot of my joint and systemic issues began after an acute exposure to Pyridine and a prolong exposure to other toxic materials while in Iraq. And the back pain was from falling from an APC (hard enough to crack back plate) while in Iraq.

I know its not easy to weigh in on, but a worst case and mid level scenario would be great.

Thanks a lot.

So now that 2010 has rolled around and the holidays are over. What are the current time-lines for Air Force IPEB's? Is there still a back-log at AFPC? Anyone have any updated time-lines?

So now that 2010 has rolled around and the holidays are over. What are the current time-lines for Air Force IPEB's? Is there still a back-log at AFPC? Anyone have any updated time-lines?

Anyone?

Sorry... can't speak for the Air Force IPEBs. I'm AD Navy and mine took almost 5 weeks from the time I submitted all my paperwork to the PEB before the initial IPEB results came back to me on 23 Dec.

Sorry... can't speak for the Air Force IPEBs. I'm AD Navy and mine took almost 5 weeks from the time I submitted all my paperwork to the PEB before the initial IPEB results came back to me on 23 Dec.

4-5 weeks is not bad at all. I wonder if the AF is turning around packages in that kind of a timely manner?

I just got an email from my PEBLO and she said, "they are taking the full 90 days."

As if putting your life on hold for 6 months to year wasn't enough... AF Policy: Hurry upto to slow down!