Timeline not exact dates.

ATC_14

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I’m so I’m gonna start a timeline now and I’ll update when possible for others.

November 2019:taken off flying status(ATC) for my condition
February 2020:dawg was canceled
March 26: dawg decision to push for meb
June 11: signed commanders letter
June 12 called peblo for update. No idea who I am or any idea what’s going on.
june 17 called peblo again and gave my info again still no idea about my meb (same for the following 4 weeks)
July 15: peblo finally knows who I am but has no paperwork about anything. Sent her my commanders letter. No narsum
July 30: called peblo and doctor, no update on when my narsum is going to be ready or why it’s taking forever.

Sounds like you are still in the IRILO stage, pre- IDES. If no initial NARSUM has been produced, then the case hasn't even left the base yet.

Sounds like you are still in the IRILO stage, pre- IDES. If no initial NARSUM has been produced, then the case hasn't even left the base yet.
Yeah still waiting on the narsum. I just wanted to get my dates out. My base is taking forever. My doctor won’t tell me how long it will take for the narsum. I got told in June it would be done the next day now he’s saying be patient.

Yeah still waiting on the narsum. I just wanted to get my dates out. My base is taking forever. My doctor won’t tell me how long it will take for the narsum. I got told in June it would be done the next day now he’s saying be patient.
My situation was similar to yours, minus the flight status.

9 March 2020 - MEB initiated (doctor also entered an ACFT modification which triggered an MAR2 and slowed my process)
14 April 2020 - MAR2 removed and full MEB initiated
11 June 2020 - Signed commander's letter
17 July 2020 - Initial contact with PEBLO
21 July 2020 - Initial contact with VA MSC
4 August 2020 - All forms entered into va.gov for my claim and request has been sent to VA for scheduling of C&P exams.

It took 5 months from the initiation of my MEB to the day I even knew I had a PEBLO. Obviously COVID is delaying this process greatly, and I may not even get into my C&P exams for 90+ days, but I feel your pain.

I'm already making the appropriate plans to medically retire (SFC with 13+ years), or be separated and return to the civilian work force. The uncertainty of this process right now lacks appeal with potential employers.

Keep us updated on your progress. I probably don't know much more than you do, but I am a little further along so I may be able to help some.

Welcome to the PEBFORUM.

My situation was similar to yours, minus the flight status.

9 March 2020 - MEB initiated (doctor also entered an ACFT modification which triggered an MAR2 and slowed my process)
14 April 2020 - MAR2 removed and full MEB initiated
11 June 2020 - Signed commander's letter
17 July 2020 - Initial contact with PEBLO
21 July 2020 - Initial contact with VA MSC
4 August 2020 - All forms entered into va.gov for my claim and request has been sent to VA for scheduling of C&P exams.

It took 5 months from the initiation of my MEB to the day I even knew I had a PEBLO. Obviously COVID is delaying this process greatly, and I may not even get into my C&P exams for 90+ days, but I feel your pain.

I'm already making the appropriate plans to medically retire (SFC with 13+ years), or be separated and return to the civilian work force. The uncertainty of this process right now lacks appeal with potential employers.

Keep us updated on your progress. I probably don't know much more than you do, but I am a little further along so I may be able to help some.
First Sargent has called peblo and PCM for a timeline and has said my commander is aware of the situation and will be involved if timeline is not acceptable to them. Nice to know I’m not the only one in this boat.

First Sargent has called peblo and PCM for a timeline and has said my commander is aware of the situation and will be involved if timeline is not acceptable to them. Nice to know I’m not the only one in this boat.
I'm not sure where you're stationed, but here in the DC area, everyone is working remotely. This makes the process much more difficult and more time consuming. Once you're contacted by your PEBLO that the process has officially started, and you attend the virtual or audible briefing, then you will be contacted by your VA MSC. This part of the process was very quick for me, as I had already compiled the list of items that I will be claiming for compensation and have continued to seek medical treatment for my unfitting ailments.

It's now a waiting game on when and where my C&P exams will be.

Stay engaged, I spoke to my PCM on a weekly basis asking for updates, respectfully of course. And having the good working relationship that we have, he would constantly ask for updates from the Chief PEBLO at Fort Meade, and I would receive weekly updates.

I say stay patient, because not doing so is only going to stress you out. The process will happen, and then you may be out before you're ready.

I personally am glad it's taking longer than expected, it allowed me to start and finish my first semester of my Master's Degree, gain two more technical certifications and apply for jobs. I'm now waiting to tell one of my potential employers when my exams are so that he can adjust the offer letter accordingly. It will all work out in the end for you, if you take advantage of the time you have.

Just an update if anyone is interested.

26 August - general exam, blood work, x-rays and psych eval was completed
2 September - hearing exam completed
3 September - QTC sent exams to VA
8 September - contacted VA MSC about exams. (she apparently didn't have network access for a week and is catching up, promised to have my exams over to my PEBLO by the end of the week)
11 September - contacted VA MSC about status of exams (got a nastygram back stating that other people are important as well and sometimes the process takes longer than we would like)

I don't feel like I was being a jerk. But I literally have 2 written job offers who are willing to adjust my start date based on when the Army gets their act together. I am now hoping that I didn't anger her too much, and that she actually has my paperwork to the PEBLO by the time she said she would so that I can be out in a reasonable timeframe.

If I wouldn't have called them in the first place, this process could have taken an additional 60-90 days.

I'm just a little fed up with putting what could potentially a complete life change in the hands of people who don't give a damn about me.

Rant over, I'll update later.

Just an update if anyone is interested.

26 August - general exam, blood work, x-rays and psych eval was completed
2 September - hearing exam completed
3 September - QTC sent exams to VA
8 September - contacted VA MSC about exams. (she apparently didn't have network access for a week and is catching up, promised to have my exams over to my PEBLO by the end of the week)
11 September - contacted VA MSC about status of exams (got a nastygram back stating that other people are important as well and sometimes the process takes longer than we would like)

I don't feel like I was being a jerk. But I literally have 2 written job offers who are willing to adjust my start date based on when the Army gets their act together. I am now hoping that I didn't anger her too much, and that she actually has my paperwork to the PEBLO by the time she said she would so that I can be out in a reasonable timeframe.

If I wouldn't have called them in the first place, this process could have taken an additional 60-90 days.

I'm just a little fed up with putting what could potentially a complete life change in the hands of people who don't give a damn about me.

Rant over, I'll update later.
I HEAR you!! ive has to do everything for my peblo this is our lives here

That's exactly my point. And having 13 years in the Army, I know how not tracking the status of one thing can completely screw somebody over.

So I just called the VA, and they said they release the results of my exam straight to the board and not to the PEBLO, anyone know anything about this?

I hate getting conflicting information, and this is easily the most conflicting information I received yet.

Yeah, that's how it should work, then once your case is fully decided at the PEB, it gets shot back down to the PEBLO.

Ok, so when my PEBLO says they haven't received anything from the VA yet, they mean that it hasn't made their way back to them from the Med Board portion.

Ok, so VA says that my exams were released to the DoD on 3 September, as soon as they came back from QTC. I verified this 3 times, each with a different VA representative and got the same answer each time.

My VA MSC is saying that she hasn't released the exams to the DoD yet, and my PEBLO is saying they haven't received them yet.

At what point do they get released to the DoD officially and by whom do they get released?

It's been 9 days since my MSC said she would release them, and I'm getting a little angry at the conflicting information and the constant "we'll update you when there is a change in your status" responses.

If I don't continue to ask questions, I feel like it's going to get pushed to the back burner, because it's not their career or the rest of their life after the military which is in question. I know I'm going to be found unfit, I'm walking around with a cane at 36. I'm trying to buy a home, I've secured employment, and here I am waiting on a single person to do their job.

Are you referring to the exams themselves or the ratings that the VA applies to your conditions?

The official release doesnt occur until the DoD requests the VA to rate the conditions that they have found to be unfitting. But thats after they have received the full case file from the MSC/PEBLO.

Yes, I was referring to the exams being released to my PEBLO from my VA MSC so they can be reviewed by the board.

My VA MSC emailed me yesterday saying she was beginning the review of my exams and would let me know when she releases them to my PEBLO.

The VA representative is the one who threw everything off for me. They used some verbiage that made is sound like the other people weren't doing their job. But after a lot of research, I now know that everyone is doing their job, it's just moving a little slower than expected.

Okay, 18 days have passed since my exams were sent to back to my VA MSC from QTC.

While she didn't have network access from 3 September to 7 September, that still leaves 13 days where action on my packet has not been taken.

Am I expecting this to move faster than it should? Or is my VA MSC moving slower than she should?