Timeline questions

fred801

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am at the beginning of the process and after reading through multiple timelines it looks like I am a loooong ways away from completion.

16NOV16-2nd missed PRT and doc wrote narrative letter to start process.
28NOV16-PEBLO receives medical record.
07JAN17-Spoke with attorney assigned to case and filled out paperwork electing IDES.
19JAN17-PEBLO sent paperwork to VA rep.

Clearly I am nowhere near completion...This being said anyone know when I am to expect completion of this? BTW my EAOS is 01APR17 and I have 40 days on the books.

I'm assuming since I am in med board status that I will have to be extended till completion?

Will I be allowed to use terminal leave once this is finally over with or will I be forced to sell leave back?

I am at the beginning of the process and after reading through multiple timelines it looks like I am a loooong ways away from completion.

07JAN17-Spoke with attorney assigned to case and filled out paperwork electing IDES.

Clearly I am nowhere near completion...This being said anyone know when I am to expect completion of this? BTW my EAOS is 01APR17 and I have 40 days on the books.

I'm assuming since I am in med board status that I will have to be extended till completion?

Will I be allowed to use terminal leave once this is finally over with or will I be forced to sell leave back?
If your board is still in progress close to your EAOS you will be extended until completion. You will be allowed terminal or to sell back, your choice (and your COs). If found fit you also have the option to apply for re-enlistment and the boards conclusion.

If your board is still in progress close to your EAOS you will be extended until completion. You will be allowed terminal or to sell back, your choice (and your COs). If found fit you also have the option to apply for re-enlistment and the boards conclusion.

Well unfortunately on 01APR17 I hit my 14 year mark as an E-5 and will be subject to HYT.

This title 10 law will cover you if anyone in the COC tries to tell you otherwise. I'd bet your service has an order reflecting this law as well.

10 U.S. Code § 507 - Extension of enlistment for members needing medical care or hospitalization

(a)
An enlisted member of an armed force on active duty whose term of enlistment expires while he is suffering from disease or injury incident to service and not due to his misconduct, and who needs medical care or hospitalization, may be retained on active duty, with his consent, until he recovers to the extent that he is able to meet the physical requirements for reenlistment, or it is determined that recovery to that extent is impossible.
section 972 of this title.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/507

Well unfortunately on 01APR17 I hit my 14 year mark as an E-5 and will be subject to HYT.
damn. then yes you will be extended pending the completion of the medical board.

Great I appreciate the info! I am just tired of being in limbo, not knowing what's going on or being able to make any plans.

Great I appreciate the info! I am just tired of being in limbo, not knowing what's going on or being able to make any plans.
That is the most frustrating part. the beginning and end are told to you but every move in the middle is a mystery lol the when? how long? what if? will be coming to you over and over until the day you receive your findings. It truly is a struggle. Just keep your chin up and your head on a swivel

Word

some advice- be patient ( easier said than done), and the number one thing , keep your head down and absolutely stay out of trouble . They like to screw people if they aren't contributing at work. Do a self assessment and get as many opinions on your situation as possible. It's stressful and everything feels worse when your command know . Keep the private stuff private .

Word

some advice- be patient ( easier said than done), and the number one thing , keep your head down and absolutely stay out of trouble . They like to screw people if they aren't contributing at work. Do a self assessment and get as many opinions on your situation as possible. It's stressful and everything feels worse when your command know . Keep the private stuff private .

My command is aware of my situation and is very supportive. Being on shore duty has it's advantages.

Well it is finally over, almost...
Results are in 40% DOD/100% VA PDRL.
My total percentages that were given = 310%.
My retirement date is set for Oct 30th.

Does any leave or PTDY count toward my 90 day window? I have 45 days of leave and the PTDY would add another 20. Does that mean from the day I sign my Election of Options I have 25 days to get out? If that is the case I will end up selling back my leave.

Thanks