Timeline/results are in...

darrengilmor

PEB Forum Regular Member
Hello all,

I know how nice it is to see updates from other people on how long this stuff takes and see what is going on, so here is mine so far. I'm in the IDES program.

April 2011 Doctor appt told I was going to be put in for MEB
May 2011 first draft of my NASARUM
June 2011 First time i met my PEBLO
June 26 2011 completed 3 sets of V.A appoimtments C%P
July 18th sign paper work NASARUM
July 26th packet hits Texas AFPC
Sept 15th Find out with a ton of digging UNFIT
Oct 4th 2011 V.A gets my packet to give ratings
Nov 22 told V.A needs to do another exam for knees and gerd
Nov 29th Other exams complete
Dec 13th find out V.A is done sent everything back to Texas.
Jan 10th got the call results are in........

it took me about 50 calls to 800-827-1000 number option 1 and 1 and 0 to get any help,but when lucky I got some answer

I'm active duty will be 22 years june 1st E-7. My conditions are as follows

1. OSA with C-PAP
2. Back problems L4-L5 lami/disc still killing me
3. Right shoulder 3 operations need replacement laberal tear bicep tendon tear removed and slap procedure
4. left ear clostitoma (3 operations) no ear drum bones left
5. Hearing loss (hearing aid)
6. tinutius
7. Neck fusion c5-c6 plate and screws (c6-c7 almost gone now)(Find out Monday Jan 9th if i need another fusion bulge is pressing on my spine now as of Dec 21th)
8. Right elbow 2 operation 3 screws bad ROM and locking cant bend
9. left knee 1 operation needs replaced grade 3 chrmopetela
10. Right knee 1 operation still bad
11. Gerd (many scopes in the e.r thought i was going to die on heavy stomach pills)
12. Sinusitis
Well I hope my timeline helps someone out and if anyone knows how long it should take Texas to send everything back here that would be great. As soon as i get my results with all my codes I will post on here so everyone can kind of know what to expext. I have gotten a ton of help on here and now want to atlease help one person or maybe show someone what happens. i can say for starters chuck that IDES timeline right in the trash cause it is now way off months off. If anyone has a question for me please ask away. I'm no expert but I have learned a lot on here in the last 8-9 months

Here are my findings i was rated 40% from Air Force and 100% from V.A

From the Air Force first
20% 5201 degenerative joint disease right shoulder
20% 5243 degenerative disc disease of lumber spine
10% 8520 Right lower extremity radiculopathy with DDD of lumber spine
0% 8520 Left lower extremity radiculopathy with DDD of lumber spine

there is a bilaterial factor for the 10% and 0% = 40%

Now Plus all my other stuff
50% 6847 OSA with CPAP
30% 5261 LEFT KNEE CHONDROMALACIA PATELLA, GRADE 3, LEFT KNEE PARTIAL MENISCECTOMY MINISCAL TEAR
30% 6513 Sinusits recurrent
20% 5243 DDD C spine with fusion
20% 8513 right upper extremity radiculopathy
10% 5260-5019 chondromalacia patella right knee
10% 5206-5024 medial epicondylitis right elbow
10% 6260 tinnitus
10% 7399-7346 gastro esophageal reflux disease and antral erosive gastritis
0% 6100 bilateral hearing loss
0% 6299-6211 left ear 3 chloesteatoma's
0% 8513 left upper extremity radiculopathy

total 100% va with bilateral factor of 4.3% for codes 8520,5019,5261.
Says member needs future exam for left knee 6 months following discharge from service.

So i signed my findings and now just waiting on my orders.

Alos having a double neck fusion c5-6 and c6-7 wednesday the 18th of Jan.

If anybody has any input i would love to hear it.
thank you to everyone on here who helped me along the way.
If anyone has any questions for me please feel free to ask would love to be able to help someone else on here.

Thank you all
Darren

SO does anyone have any input or thoughts or questions? Confuzed I sent you s reply back I hope I'm helping you out getting you in the right direction good luck.

Which system were you under, IDES or Legacy? And how proactive have you been through the process, in other words, how much did you have to push people over the phone to get done?

I am at 267 days now... What is the 1-800 number you posted?

I would like if you can tell me when you get your orders back we are on the same timeline

Its going to vary from service (USA) to service (USAF). Check with whomever you need to for that.

I am at 267 days now... What is the 1-800 number you posted?

The VA medical rating takes place in Baltimore, MD (Regional Office). The number is 1-800-827-1000, option 1 and 1 and 0.

I was in the new IDES program. Broken was right you just really have to sit back not much you or your PEBLO can do. Only thing I was able to do was find out I was UNFIT, cause the V.A was giving me a rating. They will not do this unless your are found UNFIT. I called the 1-800-827-1000 and was able to find out they were working on my rating. Good luck try and talk to your PELBO every other week. He told me 21-28 days to get my orders back, but this is for the Air Force I think thay are taking the longest.

You said that you got rated 20% from the Air Force for 5243, but you say it was lumbar DDD?? Did you mean C spine DDD like you put on the VA? Thanks for any clarification.

No I got 20% for my back that was an UNFIT finding and also 20% for my neck. If i was smarter I would have had them redo my NASARUM and includ my messed up neck to my unfitting conditions. Make sure your NASARUM is correct before you sign it. I could have got my DOD rating up to 60% instead of the 40%. But trust me verry happy with the V.A rating.

Geez. I looked at the original post and can't figure out what happened with my rating!

My list includes: retained metal frag(crippling), eye injury(requires constant drops), bi-lat knee(chondro-patella-synd, mens tear, locking), bi-lat ankle/foot(hard landing), wrist(ruptured tendon), sinusitus, neck(locking and joint jumps in place), right shoulder/elbow/wrist issues from heavy use of cane. All injury items occurred on duty at work location. NO weekend injuries.

I have a metal fragment that presses on the spinal cord and is inoperable. Main reason for AF MEB, and they gave me 20%. Appealed all the way to AF Personnel Council and got lip service. VA hasn't been any better, with the same 20%. They continually label it as DDD even thought the frag is 9x1.5mm. No rating on anything but the back for the frag, even though they listed it as DDD.

Basically get nothing since the 20% is taken from retirement pay (22yrs). Still fighting 4 yrs later and getting tired.

Just an update.

I had the C5-6-7 fusion last wednesday, man it was rough. I was put on con leave for 45 days and just waiting for my retirement orders to come now. Thank you to everyone on here helping me through the way.

Darren

Just an update.

I had the C5-6-7 fusion last wednesday, man it was rough. I was put on con leave for 45 days and just waiting for my retirement orders to come now. Thank you to everyone on here helping me through the way.

Darren
Have you gotten your orders yet? I am a week in and my peblo told me about 2 weeks. I just want them already and to get out.

Have you gotten your orders yet? I am a week in and my peblo told me about 2 weeks. I just want them already and to get out.

What is your separation date? Did you choose it the day you signed your findings- and if so what is the earliest they allow you to choose? Thanks! Hope you get yours soon!

I didnt choose one because I am taking my leave. It is better for me to take my leave than to sell it back. Ill know my Sep date when I get my orders.

I didnt choose one because I am taking my leave. It is better for me to take my leave than to sell it back. Ill know my Sep date when I get my orders.

Understandable- but were you given an option to pick one? For example if I wanted to sep end of June could I choose that date when I sign my findings or do you have to wait for orders to arrive to know your date?

you are allowed to choose your date. When you sign your paprers your peblo should ask you if you have a specific date you want to be out.

you are allowed to choose your date. When you sign your paprers your peblo should ask you if you have a specific date you want to be out.

Thank you! My husband is due to PCS- we have yet to be stationed together for going on 3 years now- and I cannot get added on his orders until I have a separation date- So the earlier I can know something the better! Appreciate it!