timeline

merganser

Registered Member
Not fit for duty due to line of duty injury since FEB 2009
Initial Med Board submitted MAY 2010
Disposition Med Board submitted OCT 2011
Still awaiting findings/adjudication as of JUL 2012
I hope others' cases take less time than mine, for their sakes. It has been a long road.

CRF450XNUT

PEB Forum Regular Member
I am so FRUSTRATED with my medboard!! Mine was sent up to DC or whatever other 'mystical' place that these things go to right at a year ago! I was told that I 'should' hear back around the beginning of July. When I asked I was told that it may be up to another 6-8 months, FML! So, now my family and I are in limbo, on standby until we hear something. If I appeal it then that timframe gets completely blown out of the water and I'll be do to rotate.

I know they've got alot of these and their doing their job, but when rotation dates come and go it is really frustrating. I know my 11 year career as an MK is finished. I need closure and I need to move on within a reasonable amount of time.

rant off...

feel free to PM me with any questions or to vent.

USCG2006

Registered Member
Hahaha wow...are you serious? :mad: I don't understand the Coast Guard and I don't care if they have one office. They should be like the other branches and have more than one office. Other branches get their results in 2 weeks to 3 months from what I read in many postings. Reading about everyone that is still waiting after a while is definitely frustrating to me also because I am going through the same thing.

You're right, people got a life and things to move on too. Waiting for a decision that can affect your career without much information is just a waste of time. I couldn't rotate because of my medical board. I can't even do my job as an ME because they got me on no LE duties.

My EAS is in January so I am hoping I can get my results before my contract is up.

I hear your frustration bro. People say to be patient but it's definitely not that easy..

How many medical problems did they listed on your medical board package?

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">