Timeline

eakey

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hey everyone, thank you so much for posting so much. I have been following this forum since I started my med board. I figured I would give my timeline so far through Portsmouth.
4jun18- referred to meb/met with
Peblo
14jun18- submitted impact statement.
Aug18- finished my c&p exams.
21sep18- meb report was completed.
26sep18- submitted command NMA (my command lost it a few times, so it was delayed).
11oct18- submitted rebuttal statement.
2nov18- signed statement of patient.
28nov18- case sent to PEB.
19dec18- PEB came back as unfit and my case was forwarded to the VA.

So now I’m just nervously waiting on the VA and PEB to finish so I can get my findings back. EBenefits says it is still in the gathering of evidence stage. So hopefully I will hear something possibly this month.

The waiting game is hard. Hope your percentages come back fair!

Hey everyone, thank you so much for posting so much. I have been following this forum since I started my med board. I figured I would give my timeline so far through Portsmouth.
4jun18- referred to meb/met with
Peblo
14jun18- submitted impact statement.
Aug18- finished my c&p exams.
21sep18- meb report was completed.
26sep18- submitted command NMA (my command lost it a few times, so it was delayed).
11oct18- submitted rebuttal statement.
2nov18- signed statement of patient.
28nov18- case sent to PEB.
19dec18- PEB came back as unfit and my case was forwarded to the VA.

So now I’m just nervously waiting on the VA and PEB to finish so I can get my findings back. EBenefits says it is still in the gathering of evidence stage. So hopefully I will hear something possibly this month.
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Indeed, it's great to read that you are being "positively proactive" throughout the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process.

As such, self-advocating shall ensure that you have an opportunity to potentially receive the best outcome for DoD disability benefits and DoVA disability compensation upon the conclusion of the IDES process. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Has anyone received their findings back for their unfit finding. My case has been with the VA for about a month and I haven’t seen any change on my ebennefits.

@eakey my package has been with the VA since Nov 21st. I was told it's about an 8 week wait.

Mine has been there since Nov 26th, let me know when you hear something. It would appear I would be a week behind you.

@eakey any news? what does your ebennefits or va.gov say? Your case should be going back to the PEB by now.

@eakey any news? what does your ebennefits or va.gov say? Your case should be going back to the PEB by now.
I wish! I’ve been checking pretty much daily and it just says it’s still in the gathering of evidence stage. I don’t know because VA.gov says nothing has happened in my case since September. I tried contacting my peblo and she said I just need to wait.

Yeah, mine was the same and then in two days it was completed so, just hang in there... it should be any day now!!

Yeah, mine was the same and then in two days it was completed so, just hang in there... it should be any day now!!
I will. Thank you, it’s kind of good to hear I’m not the only one who didn’t see movement for awhile.

Update: Good morning, I checked va.gov this morning and it said my claim from 19dec has been closed and sent off as of 2feb. There is still a claim open so I’m not exactly sure what that means because I only had one claim before. But hopefully this means the end of this process is almost done!

hey @eakey as far as I understand the process, the VA opens and closes a new claim and leaves your original claim open until they receive your DD-214. So to answer your question, the VA has completed processing your claim. They will now send it electronically back to the PEB. The PEB now sends your package through a QA phase and then sends your ratings back to your PEBLO. My package has been in the QA phase for a month now.

I called my peblo this morning and she said she won’t be receiving any more information about my case... so I’m not sure who they’ll send it to.

She will get your final ratings from the PEB unless she is leaving then your new PEBLO will recieve your proposed ratings. I have never heard of the PEB sending your tratings any where esle.

She will get your final ratings from the PEB unless she is leaving then your new PEBLO will recieve your proposed ratings. I have never heard of the PEB sending your tratings any where esle.
Hey! I got the call today to come in for my ratings. I got 50% dod and 70% va on tdrl. I accepted them because it was better than I was expecting. They said I should have an out date for the end of April or May.

@eakey that is awesome. Congratulations my friend, enjoy retirement and take care of yourself.

@eakey that is awesome. Congratulations my friend, enjoy retirement and take care of yourself.
I will, thank you to you and this community for helping me get through this process. Good luck with your board! I hope you get everything you’re wanting!