Timelines for Army BCMR? Honorable "Personality Disorder" to medical retirement for PTSD

Hello new to the fourm but not new to the process. I can give you an idea on dates form myself. I orginaly applied in in may of 2017 was given a stoy about how they didn’t have my paper work so i resent it buy haveing them sign for it in Aug 2017 from there CITU central intake unit they had to upload it which was done as of 2/15/18 they were awaintingvmy records from VA. 3/7/19 it was sent to PDBR. Then in 9/5/19 was told they had made a decision and it would take about 2 more months for them to send it to DDA and that would tak a min of 2 months. I was most recently informed that it was sent to the DDA in September 2019. And given some encouragement to the point of thinking i should finally get what i should have had be given in the first place. Long story short still waiting to hear exacts I truly wish there was an email or number to call to be sure i didn’t miss anything in the maill/email it kind of nice cause there hope something good is about to heppen i just keep hopeing in time for Christmas. Wish everyone well.i suck at spelling. Good thing thats not what they highered me for. :)i do plan to update the same week i get a decision so others have a more accurate time line. Assuming all goes as believed it should be I want to give my daughter the best Christmas ever however a little longer is worth the wait if necessary.

Hello new to the fourm but not new to the process. I can give you an idea on dates form myself. I orginaly applied in in may of 2017 was given a stoy about how they didn’t have my paper work so i resent it buy haveing them sign for it in Aug 2017 from there CITU central intake unit they had to upload it which was done as of 2/15/18 they were awaintingvmy records from VA. 3/7/19 it was sent to PDBR. Then in 9/5/19 was told they had made a decision and it would take about 2 more months for them to send it to DDA and that would tak a min of 2 months. I was most recently informed that it was sent to the DDA in September 2019. And given some encouragement to the point of thinking i should finally get what i should have had be given in the first place. Long story short still waiting to hear exacts I truly wish there was an email or number to call to be sure i didn’t miss anything in the maill/email it kind of nice cause there hope something good is about to heppen i just keep hopeing in time for Christmas. Wish everyone well.i suck at spelling. Good thing thats not what they highered me for. :)i do plan to update the same week i get a decision so others have a more accurate time line. Assuming all goes as believed it should be I want to give my daughter the best Christmas ever however a little longer is worth the wait if necessary.
Welcome to the Forum! Hope you get good news soon. Which branch of service were you in? There are points of contact you can get ahold of once the branch receives it, and they may be able to help you with an updated timeline. I can look and post them here.

John

Welcome to the Forum! Hope you get good news soon. Which branch of service were you in? There are points of contact you can get ahold of once the branch receives it, and they may be able to help you with an updated timeline. I can look and post them here.

John
Thank you John I served in the Army.

Thank you John I served in the Army.
I found Mr. Al for the Army, his contact info in another thread. it is quoted below. I believe he is the point of contact at the Army. It is my understanding from reading others, it goes to him at some point when it is forwarded to the Army by the PDBR. Good Luck!!!!
pbart77 said:
So I got good news yesterday, I called Al from Army HRC 1-877-577-3065 and he had my file on his desk. He needed a copy of my original orders, and the member-4 copy of my DD-214... because he was processing my 30% retirement... I am trying to hold the celebrations until I have it in writing, but I am encouraged. Funny thing is he stated that they have 120 days to respond, and that they were getting it done early... I assume he is correct, but I thought it was 45 days to decide, plus 10 days to notify...

I found Mr. Al for the Army, his contact info in another thread. it is quoted below. I believe he is the point of contact at the Army. It is my understanding from reading others, it goes to him at some point when it is forwarded to the Army by the PDBR. Good Luck!!!!

ok so i called today said the Army had over 17 steps my paper work would have to go though before it reaches him. Then once it reaces him they have to file the new paper work to change anything. He didnt knownknow were it at in the process but that he is woring on peoples cases who filed in 2017. I asume he means Jan of 2017 as in he just stared.so i got a bit longer then orgional hoped for but it good to know it is getting done. Ialso got an email to inquire about it which is
[email protected] i was told to include the number the air force put on it which i did. And am waiting to hear back. I am thinking this means i have at least a 6 month wait but that be right at about 3 years. Stinks that this seems to take forever. Anyway good luck to the rest of those who applied.

News Room
NVLSP Files Class Action Lawsuit Accusing U.S. Military Departments of Violating Rights of Veterans

Released 12/18/19 | Tags: Class Actions, Veteran's Benefits

NVLSP Files Class Action Lawsuit Accusing U.S. Military Departments of Violating the Rights of Veterans to Timely Decisions on Their Life-Changing Applications to Correct Military Records

--Delays of More Than 18 months Said to Exceed Deadline Set By Congress--

News Room
NVLSP Files Class Action Lawsuit Accusing U.S. Military Departments of Violating Rights of Veterans

Released 12/18/19 | Tags: Class Actions, Veteran's Benefits

NVLSP Files Class Action Lawsuit Accusing U.S. Military Departments of Violating the Rights of Veterans to Timely Decisions on Their Life-Changing Applications to Correct Military Records

--Delays of More Than 18 months Said to Exceed Deadline Set By Congress--
How do i sign up? Its been over 2 and 1/2 years of waiting?

Read the pg underlined in red they have 10 months or 300 days to give a responce later is them violating our 5 th amendment rights as veterans. Unless flags as needing more time.

Attachments

• 03AFD00C-CECC-4175-B07C-DE083BF6C456.jpeg
    03AFD00C-CECC-4175-B07C-DE083BF6C456.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
Just curious on people's timelines from recieving their docket number to case being finalized. I would like to know recent cases I know this has gone around numerous times but the BCMR reading rooms are worthless I know they are stating 600 days to some people 9-10 months to others or they just dont reply to case status emails as they have with me. Does anyone know if there is a phone number you can call? My case was submitted through NVLSP so i can't look it up online. I'm curious how many people are submitting cases for an honorable discharge from a "personality disorder" to a medical retirement for PTSD? Any help would be appreciated.
Bro, your exactly the type of person I have been searching for here. I am in you same shoes. I was booted out "honorable" for psychological disorders when I had numerous evidenced conditions and PTSD wasn't even evaluated this was 2001-2002 era from combat. We need to connect and connect others. I am going to PM you right now. Really curious your processes so far. I have been through so much thus far and we're not the only ones, I want this to be the next guys (like the ones who were discharged under dishonorable for something they did as a result of PTSD (or at least claimed that for their actions, neither prove nor deny as PTSD during those times had me thinking and behaving out of character to). If this is your first Board petition I can offer you advise as your likely going to be denied.

There is alot of people in your situation. It's a fight for sure. I would expect the worst honestly, they are not out to make things fair but to save the government money. I'm at 26 months since submission. Adjustment Disorder with a History of PTSD and mTBI residuals was my Admin Sep discharge diagnosis.

June 2016- submitted file
July 2016 - given case number.
May 2018 - Given an AO I did not agree with.
June-Aug 2018 - Finally found a way for the ABCMR to recieve my response and SSA/DoD/German Medical docs sent.
Aug 2018 - Was given a number to call for updates. Message me and I can send it privately.

Now I wait for the ABCMR to actually board my file and render decision so I can move onto the next stage and do the Fed Court stuff. I dont know how long they have to board it or how long it will take for me to receive said decision. They gave me 21 days to respond to them, I'm sure they from how things go I wont get a response till next year. Best of luck to you in court. Wish they had a lawyer that would take all these case for after 2008 for PD/AD diagnosis and do a class action. Good luck to you though, hope you get a fair chance and get what you are fighting for either at the board or court.
PM me, I am trying to lead the tip of the spear on this. I had this happen, among the first combat vets from 2001-2002 tying to correct, its a mess, it took me years. I want to open this up for all those others out their who were screwed over too, this is wrong. I also had TBI, and PTSD from combat.

Can you help me out with such number and also read my attachment and give nme your insight on what to do.

Also, I think we should ignite the light and find ourselves a lawyer that would do a class action for all of us thst where wrongfully duscharged after 2008.. lets lead the way.

WHAT DO YOU SAY!
GET TO KNOW ME AND READ MY STORY I ATTACHED. :)

Also, please dont judge ne on all the spell errors as it was wtote on my andriod cell phone rather then a comp. Lol
Thx
I am with you, PM me.

Update: I called Petty today. My case is to be boarded next week. Petty told me that I should receive the boards response within 30 days after the board. Will update when getting the board findings.
Expect the worse in these kinds of decisions, PM me for help and don't give up.

I was retro activity paid for a PTSD CLAIM thru VA 100% ServiceConnected approved Nov 28 2018.
My issue is my Army National Guard Missouri Chain of Command fabricated my MEB PEB and the Peb my case was ref for a non duty ..longstanding maladaptive personality disorder BULLSHIT LIE I CAN PROVE with my long standing paper trail of reports by school grades and honor society's etc church and other records such was in fact not true. But anyways The IG of my state wrote to me that I actually was being separated due to a CHARACTER LOGICAL DISORDER..yah. They pulled thst outta they are...and aren't even tech. Able to state that as the truth..bullshit

Yah, so I was medical separated but was never given a rating for my alleged p.d. mood defect? Lol..

Just now can go back to board of correction s right and prove to them that my PTSD rather is DUTY RELATED AND ON DESERVING MILITARY RETIREMENT due to there own abuse practices harming me..bc see I was only diagnosed wrongfully after being retaliated by my command who had requested sexual favors from me and in which I denied such offer and we'll then they illegal had me info I c8vil commuted to be at psych ward bc I blew whistle.

Now can I get retro active military as retirement pay of my va service granted proof now obtained?

Need help. Phone numbers? The [email protected]
Wait, sexual abuse, that's a different story.

I don’t know about the BCMR but I’m currently waiting on my case with the BCNR to get my discharge upgraded so I can return to the service. I submitted my case on February 2019. Now I’m on the 13th month mark and I’ve only gotten two things from the BCNR.

1.)An email one month after submitting the paperwork. Stating that they received my case and my docket number for my case.

2.)An advisory opinion that I received one month ago on January 29,2020. Which I had 30 days to respond and make a rebuttal to. After which my case would just go back into the que.

I’ve tried the emails on their website and that phone number you can find on the reading room website for the BCNR portion. The emails do get a response, but only to either say “can’t give an update to those under 18 months” or they say “we can’t look your case you because they have too many cases already” and all kinds of other nonsense. I would personally like a phone number to directly speak to a real human about it and I get nothing. Which is really gormless considering the fact that the phone number on their official website is specifically there to give a line of communication to applicants and status updates on their case. If anyone has a number for the BCNR it would be greatly appreciated.

I have been fighting with the ABCMR for 11 years to change my Hon. Discharge to a Medical Retirement (long story). I have even won two Federal Court cases against the Board and have a settlement agreement that they have failed to honor. The agreement called for the Board to settle the case within 180 days. It has now been 26 months since and they have taken no action. During discussions with ABCMR personnel, we have been advised that the Board will not make any decision until MAYBE February 2021, because they do not have sufficient funds to staff the review process. It seems that money that was slated for the ABCMR has been taken by the Trump administration from the Pentagon Budget to build the "Wall". The Board claims they have no funding to process the backlog of applications, now estimated at over 23,000, pending cases. We are going back to court.

I have been pondering the idea of filing a class action suit against the ABCMR. First though we need to find enough Vets that will participate.

I have been pondering the idea of filing a class action suit against the ABCMR. First though we need to find enough Vets that will participate.
There are some going on right now for the last couple of months. The NVLSP guys are leading the charge on it. I dunno how much success they’re going to have. I at least hope they get somewhere with the absurd timeframe it takes just to get an answer.

There are some going on right now for the last couple of months. The NVLSP guys are leading the charge on it. I dunno how much success they’re going to have. I at least hope they get somewhere with the absurd timeframe it takes just to get an answer.
I'm 100% on tails here and have been putting my case against corrections board for five solid years now, I've got Congressman and Senators all in the loop. The whole PTSD/TBI "bad paper" came and went, well sexual assault as well (mouth shut) and so what about the rest of us left in the dirt now from command wrongs, being war vats and all, just thrown in the dirt. No way I'm going to let that happen to me or any of you. There's just way to many more things on the plate that was going on during these times, unlawful paper actions for command authorities, bypassing command HQ, medical records altered, classified docs scrubbed, duress to not file reports, illicit addenda, hiding of records, change medical conditions unlawfully, Personality Disorders and Malingering wrongfully labeled, negligence and tort to holy high water here people.

Hello I am new to the form and also in similar situation we all are having getting a decision from abcmr board asking if any one heard news on updated timeline on cases being decided. I was actually involuntary separated before 18 year mark due to Army Qmp that was error and injustice long story. My Case is at 804 days docket number April 2018. I am requesting medical retirement i have long medical history issues mainly migranes ptsd and cervical spine damage. All i get in reply email is case still pending generic feedback.

Hey man I am with you on that