Title 32 Federal Technician NDR-PEB election help needed

I have received a Non Duty Related - Physical Evaluation Board (NDR-PEB) packet/memorandum. I have to elect one of the following choices:

o over 15 years but less than 20 (18 year retirement)

o request my file be reviewed by NDR-PEB for fitness ruling only.

I do have a VA disability rating but no rating on the military side.

I am ok with retiring early on the M-Day (Illinois National Guard) side but how will electing “early retirement” affect what happens on the “Tech” side? Would I still be able to apply for a disability retirement or any other avenue to get 60/40? Any insight into this situation and/or what to expect in the process is greatly appreciated.

Have you discussed your situation with your state HR? Not the facility HR, as they’re not that good with all the regs. That was my case in my state, but I did MED retire.

I have sent an e-mail and attempted to call my state HR. Still waiting on a response but thanks for the reply and validating that they “should” be able to answer my questions.

Call this number it’s ABCC, army benefits center civilian. They’re the ones that state HR sends the packet to revise and submit. 1-877-276-9287, hope it helps

do not retire! appeal the NDR-PEB. This forces them to make a fit /unfit decision. Then appeal that decision and ask for a formal board hearing, get legal counsel and fight it... for a disability retirement. I am in the same boat.

Its a huge game you have to play with them....it just sucks that it has to be this way and that it has to take so long.