Told Air Force is done now waiting on VA???

michigan0782

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Heard today that the air force is done with their part and is now waiting on va rating. I went from pending decision approval back to preparing for decision.

What's all this mean? Does it mean I was found unfit? My pueblo told me even of your found ft they still wait for the va rating to send everything back in one package

Any inputs please

I have read a lot of people talking about the E-Benefits and I hate it. It seems to make no sense and it bounces back and forth. I'm legacy and I'm sure it is different for you but I decided I would not spend my time watching the tea kettle. There is no specific time frame as you know and I'm sure they will tell me when it is done. If it is still going in 6 months I think I will start looking but it has only been 2 1/2 months so far for me (again I'm under a different system).

I'll be surprised if you get a different answer.

I filed a VA claim as a Reservist separate from my MEB (which I am still awaiting contact from the PEBLO) (yes - a Reservist can file a claim while still actively participating) and I am still waiting... I filed in May 2011 and my case is still in the Gathering of Evidence phase. I will say this though - I initially filed for my back, then after my tinnitus/hearing loss treatment failed, I added that to my claim. Later they included an exam for depression (which turns out to be a few issues combined). Now that I am through with these claims, they told me that they are considering a sleep study on me because of some of my symptoms point to sleep apnea. It will probably be at least a year (maybe longer) before all the work on my case is completed and they make a decision. You just have to be patient... There is a huge backlog with all the vets coming back from Iraq/Afghanistan.

I realize this does not answer your question about your decision/ratings - but just be patient. At least you are near the end of the tunnel...

I have read a lot of people talking about the E-Benefits and I hate it. It seems to make no sense and it bounces back and forth. I'm legacy and I'm sure it is different for you but I decided I would not spend my time watching the tea kettle. There is no specific time frame as you know and I'm sure they will tell me when it is done. If it is still going in 6 months I think I will start looking but it has only been 2 1/2 months so far for me (again I'm under a different system).

I'll be surprised if you get a different answer.

its completely worthless. i have my proposed rating and it still shows me in the reviewing evidence stage.

Man you really know how to hurt a person but it is something you want to know. It is just like the rest of the system, its broke. All you can do is sit back and laugh about the incompetence.