Tracking Boards (A great idea!)

I just want to acknowledge the great idea that abyss5150 has had and implemented on the site of tracking packages.

I made this site with a few ideas in mind. The primary one was to provide information that is not readily available to members in one place. I also wanted to create a community where people could share their experiences and offer support to each other. I considered creating only a blog type of site where I posted my own thoughts, but realized that there were likely advantages to letting military members share their experiences and that by doing so there would be a freer exchange of information.

I have to say, abyss5150 has done something that I envisioned being a possibility, namely members coming up with their own ideas and input and leveraging the experiences of the group to other peoples benefit. So, with that in mind, I offer a great thanks to abyss5150 for coming up with an idea that really helps everyone! Great job!

Also, a salute to USAFTACP for picking up on the idea. The point is that while I can provide some information and support, the members of this site are really what makes it great.

A stroke of pure genius! Way to step up folks! Any chance we can get a separate section in the forum?... We could make it a little easier for new members to find.

Thanks Jason for creating this board and letting us into the world of MEBs. I thought it was a great idea since it looks like there is alot of participation in the other threads. It makes sense to me.

I have an idea: Sticky the threads so they are always on the top of the IPEB forum... will that work?

I just want to acknowledge the great idea that abyss5150 has had and implemented on the site of tracking packages.

I made this site with a few ideas in mind. The primary one was to provide information that is not readily available to members in one place. I also wanted to create a community where people could share their experiences and offer support to each other. I considered creating only a blog type of site where I posted my own thoughts, but realized that there were likely advantages to letting military members share their experiences and that by doing so there would be a freer exchange of information.

I have to say, abyss5150 has done something that I envisioned being a possibility, namely members coming up with their own ideas and input and leveraging the experiences of the group to other peoples benefit. So, with that in mind, I offer a great thanks to abyss5150 for coming up with an idea that really helps everyone! Great job!

Jason,
Thank you for the praise. I really appreciate it. When I initially created the thread, I was unsure if it would catch on. I'm very happy that has took a life of it's own and glad that it is serving members well. I also think the ideas mentioned here about creating a separate sub-category and/or making the threads sticky are great ones.

I agree, an AWESOME idea! But now I cant seem to find the "December IPEB Packages" thread..... what happened to it??

http://www.pebforum.com/f117/december-air-force-ipeb-packages-18126/index3.html

Don't scare me like that!! lol

In all seriousness, I'm having a horrible week! All I can think about is getting my "parole". I'm a nervous wreck they'll come back RTD. I really wish they'd hurry up with our packages... I'm tired of playing the waiting game!

I apologize. Didn't mean to scare anyone =] Checking this forum is definitely one of the first things I do when I get to "work" and when i could not find it this morning, i freaked out! I'm still hoping to hear something in the next few weeks, so i'll keep you all posted.