Travel Pay, Reimbursment, DTS???

Head Games

Registered Member
Ok, so yesterday at group, an Air Force cat that I went through my 5 week inpatient program with asked me what kind of payments I was getting from the Army for travel to Fort Jackson from my home in Dallas, NC. I looked at him like he was smoking something. He said he files DTS every time he travels from his air base to Jackson and gets $40 for travel! I had never heard of such.

FYI, I am on Active Duty, stationed in NC on recruiting duty. I have traveled to Jackson 20 times since October 12', and once to Gordon for TBI. Does anyone have any knowledge of this subject? I read over the JTR but couldn't find an answer.

Thanks for any help,

Joe

ranger2992

PEB Forum Veteran
Ok, so yesterday at group, an Air Force cat that I went through my 5 week inpatient program with asked me what kind of payments I was getting from the Army for travel to Fort Jackson from my home in Dallas, NC. I looked at him like he was smoking something. He said he files DTS every time he travels from his air base to Jackson and gets $40 for travel! I had never heard of such.

FYI, I am on Active Duty, stationed in NC on recruiting duty. I have traveled to Jackson 20 times since October 12', and once to Gordon for TBI. Does anyone have any knowledge of this subject? I read over the JTR but couldn't find an answer.

Thanks for any help,

Joe
A soldier is not required to use their car for any kind of official duty and is entitled to being paid mileage and meals(if there is no DFAC). Your S3 DTS NCO should be able to help you out with this. It is going to take me some time to find the Army regulation, but maybe somebody else can help out in the mean time.

Head Games

Registered Member
Spoke with my COC about the issue. Was told the hospital handles it. Talked to Patient Services and they said to talk with Tricare. Talked with Tricare and they said I would need to be on travel orders from my unit. Currently getting the run around by COC. Don't want to be that guy, but Household 6 is pissed and about to call IG and Congressmen. Uhg.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">