TSGLI Claim Approval

Andy22

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Anyone have any success with these claims? I get that the people with success scour these forums to post their stories, but it seems most of what I’m reading is doom and gloom with these TSGLI applications.

If you’ve gone through this, how long did it take from submission to answer? (I know the website say 180 days but looking for experiences of others). I had a buddy submit and get paid out 3 weeks later, but I’m at about 6 weeks now and just curious while I’m still laid up and recovering.

Andy22

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Meant to say:

“I get that the people with success DON’T scour these forums...”

chaplaincharlie

Staff Member
PEB Forum Lifetime Supporter
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I can't tell you the timeline, but I have known a few people who were awarded TSGLI. If you have it coming, apply.
Best wishes
Mike

Andy22

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I can't tell you the timeline, but I have known a few people who were awarded TSGLI. If you have it coming, apply.
Best wishes
Mike
Thanks Charlie. I applied and meet all criteria, with a good amount of med docs to support, I’m just getting the gist that HRC does more to disapprove then approve.

chaplaincharlie

Staff Member
PEB Forum Lifetime Supporter
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I suspect the number of claims versus adjudicators is lopsided. VA has made efforts to speed claims; DoD lags. Think about the IDES process, DoD misses lots of gates.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">