Tsgli/divorce

Jtabor92

Registered Member
Hi guys I'm new to the forum and was am looking for some help. Not sure if this is the right thread but maybe somebody can direct me. I had a motorcycle accident while I was active duty and after a year of trying to save my leg it didn't work so I had to have my leg amputated. 6 months after my accident I got married and am now getting a divorce. She is trying to go after the TSGLI I received. I also got a adaptive vehicle grant and purchased a vehicle after we seperated which she is now saying she should get half the equity that's in the vehicle. Are their any statutes saying that she can not do this. We were only married a year and got married while I was on heavy narcotics.

Property laws vary by state. You should consult an family law attorney licensed to practice law in your state of residence.

Have you consulted with a local VSO? If their are no veterans with experience in the matter they may be able to put you in contact with a lawyer with military knowledge.

Hi guys I'm new to the forum and was am looking for some help. Not sure if this is the right thread but maybe somebody can direct me. I had a motorcycle accident while I was active duty and after a year of trying to save my leg it didn't work so I had to have my leg amputated. 6 months after my accident I got married and am now getting a divorce. She is trying to go after the TSGLI I received. I also got a adaptive vehicle grant and purchased a vehicle after we seperated which she is now saying she should get half the equity that's in the vehicle. Are their any statutes saying that she can not do this. We were only married a year and got married while I was on heavy narcotics.
You need a family law attorney, as @chaplaincharlie stated, but you need to find one knowledgable in military/veteran benefits. In Oregon, for example, there is one attorney who focuses on this area. Keep digging and you will find someone, but I would caution you to find one who knows military/VA law.

You need a family law attorney, as @chaplaincharlie stated, but you need to find one knowledgable in military/veteran benefits. In Oregon, for example, there is one attorney who focuses on this area. Keep digging and you will find someone, but I would caution you to find one who knows military/VA law.

I concur, many attorney's do not know the implications of military service/disability ... on property matters.

get a new attorney and fry her dependa ass