UA, PTSD, Depreratly Need advice

quitepro18Bravo

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
hey guys,
i heard about this website from a friend thats in a ptsd treatment facility with me.
SO heres the story. I "supposedly" popped hot for numerous substances back in March. Pot, spice, steroids...it wasnt a random test, my friends wife turned him in after they were in a physical altercation, since i was letting him crash at my house, they got a searched warrant authorized to search my place. They "supposedly" found everything found everything. The events that led to this were fear, hated rage, depression, anxiety i felt after returning from combat in july of 2013. during this in between time, I lost my family, suffered from depression, and hated myself..Got a dui which was swepped under the rug, starteed to self medicate.

Since March I have admitted myself to the psyche ward, received diagnosis of ptsd related to combat trauma, command referred to ASAP, graduated the Addiction treatment facility program(6 week intensive outpatient) and i am currently in an ptsd treatment facility.

My command has informed me that once I return, they are going to charge me...I am expecting an article 15 and separation chapter. up until this point, and until i get back, I am under investigation by cid, and command cant touch me until i get back because im medical tdy.

Now here is where it gets silly, my nurse case manager told me back in august, not to seek a med board, she tought i still had a chance to serve. Now they are saying to push for it. So i called my behavioral health and asked to initiate it. She said that there is no way command is going to allow a med board to happen, but she would fight for me.

I have been in for 11 years, only 1 incident in Iraq of 2005 for drinking, other than that ive had a spotless record, all 1-1 ncoers ( last one was a 2-1) good reputation, solid performance.

Guys Im hurting, I need to advocate for myself and I will fight until the bitter end to get the MED board. All medical personal agree that this is a medical issue due to ptsd and not a punitive issue.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Ask your physician to initiate an MEB. That can be conducted while you are being processed for separation (chapter for misconduct). Then the general officer convening authority must determine whether your misconduct was due to your line of duty disability (PTSD). If so, the MEB goes to a PEB. If not, the MEB is terminated and you are discharged.

I think you could make a good case of self-medicating your PTSD with illegal substances . . .

They are taking it strait to court martial. No meb or medical eval...im out of options. anyone have advice

They are taking it strait to court martial. No meb or medical eval...im out of options. anyone have advice
I would take the court-martial if offered a discharge in lieu of court-martial (Chapter 10). A Chapter 10 will get you an Other Than Honorable Discharge (the old Undesirable Discharge). If you go to court it can dismiss the charges or opt to give a punishment that does not include a punitive discharge (e.g., reduction in grade). Either option will allow you to continue with the MEB/PEB. HOWEVER: If the court-martial opts not to give you a punitive discharge, your command can still initiate action to discharge you for misconduct. It is NOT double jeopardy.