Understanding medical standards for cardiac condition

MrWonderful

Registered Member
Hi,

After reading the AR on medical standards I'm concerned about a med board. I have yet to see my pcm since my initial visit with my new cardiologist at this base, so I'm not sure what he will decide.
A few years ago I was diagnosed with PVC's and put on a pace and distance profile. They occurred frequently during exercise recovery, but they were asymptomatic. During that time I was also diagnosed with coronary heart disease (very mild, dr said it was almost expected with my age) with angina pectoris.
Fast forward a few years and my PVC's are more frequent and according to the Dr. my heart is compensating by pausing the sinus node, thus causing bradycardia and causing physical symptoms.
I'm also in ABCP, and the Dr. thinks the PVCs are tied to my weight gain and making it difficult to lose, because the PVC's are exacerbated with exertion and... he used terms I don't remember and should have written down. I'm actually seeing the Dr tomorrow for this reason, in hopes of a waiver on the program. Anyway, I'm now on medication to suppress the PVC's, which should resolve the bradycardia and physical symptoms. If not, I'll be referred for an ablation.

Does this qualify for a recommendation for a med board? Because I'm due to ets (with no intention on staying AD) I'm wondering if it's worth pursuing or if I should just continue flying under the radar. My original plan was to ets and transfer to the NG or Reserves (for Tricare and retirement) while I finish grad school. Grad school starts in January and I have a family counting on me. I just don't know that a percentage would be high enough to qualify for medical retirement, unless it's somehow magically bundled with arthritic knees and dislocated knee caps.

Any insight and advise is appreciated.

Thanks for the reply.
My biggest concern is whether or not I should pursue the med board or pursue the NG. I currently have a medical memo for abcp and considering requesting an extension past my ets to make weight and transfer. However, my symptoms that were interfering with work are now mostly controlled by meds. I still get chest pain when I push too hard on pt. I'm wondering how this comes into play...
"3-21 m. Any cardiovascular disorder requiring chronic drug therapy in order to prevent the occurrence of potentially fatal symptomatic events that would interfere with duty performance."