Unsure What To Do


New Member
Registered Member
Hello everyone, I need some guidance or advice because I have no idea what to do or how to proceed. Little background first. I got rear-ended at a stoplight almost 3 years ago and received a concussion and a right shoulder injury (my dominant arm). Since then, the shoulder has been getting progressively worse over the years, now at the point where I cannot hold my daughter with both arms and only for short time with left arm. Shoulder is constantly in pain and increases with doing anything with it, such as moving the arm, and can barely hold much anything in the arm that is over roughly 5-6lbs without aggravating it too much. I have been doing physical therapy and a multitude of different things with sports medicine and pain management. I love my doctor to death, specially cause he is blunt, straight-forward and honest with me, but now we are at the end of the line and he told me my options were either suck it up and ride it out to my EAS, do a medical sep OTH due to inability to perform PFT, or med-board which he thinks I have a very low chance of anything happening besides a return to full duty. I am currently on LIMDU do to a motorcycle accident, but I will be coming off it due to healing up for those injuries. So I am at the point now where I genuinely have no idea what to do. Anyone have any advice for me? I have been in the Marines for 6.5 years and I am in the infantry with an original EAS in 2019, but now 2020 with extension due to receiving orders. I want to say thank you in advance.


Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Request the MEB. If you have bene receiving conservative treatment for greater than one year (physical therapy and pain management) and have not improved, then a MEB is warranted.
data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">