Update cliam/diagnoses

Fsleepapnea

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello and thank you all who reply. I'm going through the IDES and on my cliam it says " snoring without apnea, requires oral appliance. NOW I have actually been diagnosed with sleep apnea and require the use of a cpap. I have the sleep study and my pcm's notes on it stating my diagnoses. All I wanna do is say hey, i'm actually diagnosed now, now I can get rated. Should I upload more evidence? Submit a new cliam? I just don't wanna drag this out longer when I already cliamed it basically, just got diagnosed. No need to waste VA and or my time.

Brokin1104

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello and thank you all who reply. I'm going through the IDES and on my cliam it says " snoring without apnea, requires oral appliance. NOW I have actually been diagnosed with sleep apnea and require the use of a cpap. I have the sleep study and my pcm's notes on it stating my diagnoses. All I wanna do is say hey, i'm actually diagnosed now, now I can get rated. Should I upload more evidence? Submit a new cliam? I just don't wanna drag this out longer when I already cliamed it basically, just got diagnosed. No need to waste VA and or my time.
I think you should contact your PEBLO for further guidance on this one. It sounds like you've already submitted your claim and you want to add additional documents to it.

RGZWS6

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
For rating purposes, the CPAP will move you to the 50% tier. Depending on which service you're in, it may not make any difference at all when looking at it through the DoD IDES lens. It will however make a huge difference in your VA pay, especially if you're over 20 years of service. Definitely talk with PEBLO and MSC as to how best to move forward, There may be an opportunity to appeal. Are you in IDES for this or something completely different?

Fsleepapnea

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
For rating purposes, the CPAP will move you to the 50% tier. Depending on which service you're in, it may not make any difference at all when looking at it through the DoD IDES lens. It will however make a huge difference in your VA pay, especially if you're over 20 years of service. Definitely talk with PEBLO and MSC as to how best to move forward, There may be an opportunity to appeal. Are you in IDES for this or something completely different?
In the IDES. My VA rep said I have to wait until after discharge. So that sucks. But whatever.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">