UPDATE: Received findings back on Monday

BlaketheCommGuy

Registered Member
This is an update to my previous post found here.

TL;DR: I was put on a MEDBOARD by my orthopedic surgeon on 11 July, 2018 after a failed labral repair surgery of my right hip.

I received my finding back from the VA and PEB on Monday 28 January. I was found unfit for duty. The DoD is rating me at 10% with a severance. And the VA has rated me at 50%. I am going tomorrow to speak with my PEBLO. She wants me to appeal these findings, however I am done waiting, and have a couple of serious Cyber Security job offers waiting for me on the outside. A couple of questions:

1. Would it be wiser to appeal this now, or wait until I am out and get an organization to fight this for me, ie. WWP, American Legion, etc.?

2. What is the 10% from the DoD? How does that differ from 30%, 80%, or even 100%.

3. Now that everything is back from the PEB, how long until I receive a new EAS? I called my battalion's Adjutant, and she said that my EAS was still set for 2021 (I reenlisted in 2017).

Thanks in advance for any answers! Semper Fi!

chaplaincharlie

Staff Member
PEB Forum Lifetime Supporter
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Getting justice later will be much harder than appealing now, but you have to weigh the risk/ benefits yourself. You lose TriCare at 0, 10 of 20%; which would become a second payer of medical bills if you land one of those job. A new EAS takes a month roughly.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">