update

concernedwife

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
just wanted to post an update, mainly because i am confused - hoping someone can help.

my husband did botox for his migraines [per neuro] and he has had zero migraines since. he has had a couple of breakthrough headaches, but other than that he is handling it well. he had it done five weeks ago now, and he is set to go back to the neurologist in the beginning of october to update them on whether or not it is working, or if it has continued to work, rather.

with that being said, the neuro has mentioned him not being able to go to a ship if the botox works. does this mean, more than likely, that he will be started up on doing the medboard route? anyone have any experience in this area?

concernedwife

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
right now he has only had botox once in the last five weeks. when he goes back they will determine how often he needs to get it done. he goes back in the beginning of october

Chaps_Z

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
There are other options besides a ship.

There is always work to be done on shore based on his time left and job.

concernedwife

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
agree and so does he! but he is being told that staying on shore will effect his career, greatly, and like so many others - he has worked very hard to get where he is :(

concernedwife

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
also wanted to add, he re-enlisted three years ago for a total of six years. so, with his current contract, he has three years left. he would love to finish out his contract [he would love to re-enlist, really] but he cannot continue to do his job correctly with these migraines. thankfully, like i said above, the botox has helped so far. but he wouldn't be able to head back out to sea and feels terrible about it, if that makes sense.

concernedwife

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
husband found out he needs a CPAP machine because he does, indeed, have sleep apnea. the list seems to be growing more and more these days

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">