Updated SSL/Security certificate

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
PEBFORUM Members and community,

Just a quick update. I have recently have installed an SSL/Security certificate on this site.

It should have been done a long time ago, however, when this issue (use of SSL certificates) first came out a few years ago, I did implement it and it was a disaster. The problem back then (this was probably the 2008-2009 timeframe) was that when I installed the SSL certificate, most folks' browsers and operating systems did not "like" it and it blocked a lot of members. I was inundated with requests to allow individual members to view the site and it was a nightmare. So, I uninstalled it and left it alone for a long time. Well, now, pretty much every platform (including modern browsers/OSs) works well with SSL certificates and the majority prefer it as a feature. (Also, search engines, particularly Google favor sites with SSL certificates.) Now, there may be a few folks with older machines and environments that still do not like SSL sites. I really can't help that, given the shift in technology. So, for those folks with older systems, I can only say, it is time to update your technology. I wish I had a better solution for everyone, but, the shift to a SSL secure site is the right call now.

Hope this is a welcome feature! Thanks for your support and participation in this site! Any questions, feel free to post them.

Jason

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">