Updates on site (New Software and Virus)

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hey folks,

It has been a very busy time for me and in the background, I have been trying to get to the bottom of the virus issues on the site. I think I have identified the source of the problem. My "smart" IT guy indicates that we should be able to migrate to new XenForo software today or tomorrow (fingers crossed), and that should eliminate the suspect files and site issues.

I hope this will be a great improvement and will allow me to add back in some functionality that had long ago been lost. Don't be surprised if the board is down intermittently over the next day or so. We will be back, better than ever!

rickman

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Jason,

Overall the site looks good but I do miss one thing (maybe I just need to dig for it). I like the "at a glance" page from the old software that gave you the latest posts, blogs and members. I do see you can see the latest posts by going to Home > Forums > What's New

I also tried to click on the Home page from the Forum page but nothing happens.

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
rickman,

Yes, the forum software has a default Home tab which goes nowhere. But, in the near term (not sure if it is days, weeks, or months yet), I will be integrating a home page/articles solution (kind of similar to the old pages with articles) that will activate this functionality.

As far as the "at a glance," yes, for now you have to use the What's New...however, there will be updates coming to help sort this out. Also, anything that you follow in watched threads (you have to check the thread) will update for you with a notification.

moneyblind

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Thanks for the work Jason, I am IT so I understand the headache that all this is for you. Great dedication on all fronts.

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thanks for the work Jason, I am IT so I understand the headache that all this is for you. Great dedication on all fronts.
LOL...Thanks, I have learned more about server configurations, MySQL versions, database migration and Apache than I ever imagined. Still can't say I understand it all, but made this work! Of course, this was done with the help of some folks who are much more technically savvy about these issues than I am. It will likely take me continued time to upgrade and modify the software (this is a pretty plain installation without customizations, other than the "skin" which is the logo, colors, buttons, etc.). The functionality will be rolled out over time and when its all said and done, it should be a much better site experience for everyone.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">