USAFR + 100% T&P VA + IRILO...

Skyejedi220

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Amazingly, I was RTD on initial IRILO. Advised that I didn't go through MEB due to not having an LOD. I was USAFR assigned to joint active command, being seen by Army, paperwork up channeled through AD USAF to USAFR and no LOD was initiated. Was IRILO'd for potentially unfitting conditions (spinal cord compression w/fusion and subsequent atrophy, radiculapathy). IRILO was done in summary for 2-years, now being asked for each condition to be done separately for each condition and new related issues of scapular winging and migraines. Med folks initiated LOD (joint command) and I was advised by USAFR SG office it won't be processed because while this happened on AD orders, I have been off order greater than the prescribed days (180 days reference below) that you can submit an LOD. Also, was advised that it's irrelevant and not needed since I have been processed through the VA for these conditions. Now that I am likely facing potentially being found unfit....if they ask the SG to change the RILO form to "not in the line of duty" what are the implications and what recourse do I have? Can I push back on getting an LOD processed? Does it matter?

AFI36-2910
1.7.4. ARC only. After release from active duty or IDT, members have 180 days to ensure any illness, injury or disease that was incurred or aggravated while in a duty status is reported for LOD determination consideration. When the member does not report his/her illness, injury or disease, the member is presumed to be able to perform military duties, does not require treatment and has no unresolved health condition rendering the member unable to meet retention or mobility standards IAW AFI 48-123, Medical Examinations and Standards. The only avenue for addressing previously unreported illness, injury or disease is through the VA.

**Note: I did report to my Supervisor, medical has records and Detachment Commander my illness upon diagnosis (spinal cord, which required immediate surgery).