USMC Timeline - Camp Pendleton

Ya I actually did a BDD claim back in March and have a c&p scheduled for 12 of June. I only claimed about half of my issues and will have to claim another once it completes. I did put in an intent to file though so it should backdate. Hopefully it’ll have some of the payments rolling not long after I’m out then I can fight through the next and make sure I can claim everything I’m due!
IIRC your ITF is thrown away in any case you're claiming things during active duty and the effective date is the day after you get out no matter what.

How is that gonna work out though? Your terminal starts and then you're gonna do your C&P's? You gonna stay in the local area until it's said and done and then head out or do your exams at home?

Ya, so I started my C&P exams when I went back home on leave. I got thrown into LDES and my Peblo said I could try to run a bdd claim and it would kick into effect after EAS. So with an eas of the 30th I believe it’ll go under review by a rater after my c&p exam in the 12th so hopefully it kicks in after EAS completes. Then I will start my second claim which will start the day after my EAS is I’m planning properly.

Keep up with us. Let us know if you have any obstacles with the VA: I'd like to hear how it all folds out. Also wondering if you'll have to waive retirement pay when you get a new rating from the VA itself, and if it's lower can you opt to keep your retirement pay.

That aside sounds like you've mapped this out. Best of luck on your transition and I hope the stress of the military won't greet you ever again.

Update- Just checked out today and got DD214. Leaving end of day today 20240604 I will continue to update through the VA portion of this process. I will be looking at applying to VR&E and some other benefits to regain some control of my life lol. Thank you all!

Jan 04 2023 - Injured
Oct 20 2023 - Referred to MEB
Jan 30 2024 - Sent to PEB
Apr 29 2024 - Retired 30% Single Condition
May 9 2024 - EAS Updated to -20240630-
June 4 2024 - Received DD214 and checked out

Update- Just checked out today and got DD214. Leaving end of day today 20240604 I will continue to update through the VA portion of this process. I will be looking at applying to VR&E and some other benefits to regain some control of my life lol. Thank you all!

Jan 04 2023 - Injured
Oct 20 2023 - Referred to MEB
Jan 30 2024 - Sent to PEB
Apr 29 2024 - Retired 30% Single Condition
May 9 2024 - EAS Updated to -20240630-
June 4 2024 - Received DD214 and checked ou
Congratulations! How nice it must feel to finally be out lol. Side note: does anyone have jeffs #?

This is Jeff’s number: (571) 442-0592, he’s hit or miss if he will answer. Good luck!
Just got off the phone with jeff, he told me my case hasnt even been sent to PEB. But im in decision phase in VA. Pretty heated, my PEBLO just blew 1 month waisting time. I signed my NARSUM and she said she was sending it off May 8th/9th. About to call her.

Final c&p exam today 3 of 3 for my BDD claim. My first and second exams actually went quite well and since I have a rather serious shoulder injury that resulted from a well documented injury, I was asked if I had any other conditions that could be added. In the 2 of 3 exam I added everything I could think of and believe it added another 5-10 conditions. The doctor said since I was still in service he would document everything and he believes everything is related to my injury/TBI. Feeling good about this final exam and will continue to update.

Final c&p exam today 3 of 3 for my BDD claim. My first and second exams actually went quite well and since I have a rather serious shoulder injury that resulted from a well documented injury, I was asked if I had any other conditions that could be added. In the 2 of 3 exam I added everything I could think of and believe it added another 5-10 conditions. The doctor said since I was still in service he would document everything and he believes everything is related to my injury/TBI. Feeling good about this final exam and will continue to update.
Good to see you somewhat beat the system. You'll have to wait longer to see the fruits of your labor but seems like you'll end up with similar benefits that you would have otherwise had with IDES. If it hasn't been clear, fuck your command.

Update-

Was found entitled to VR&E today, looking like they are going to cover my cost to attend MBA program through education track 60k cost. Disability claim is not moving, they sent it back to the doctor and I had to supplement my physical evaluation. Overall pleased the vR&E played out. Will continue updating as things progress. Thanks!