VA claims-after MEB

Jacpres

Registered Member
I didn't claim everything with the VA at the beginning of my MEB process and am wondering how do I add them at the end?

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I didn't claim everything with the VA at the beginning of my MEB process and am wondering how do I add them at the end?
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Well, if it's still allowed, you could ask the MSC to add any medical conditions at your DoVA face-to-face exit interview with the MSC. If this course of action is not authorized anymore while in the DoD IDES process, then you will need to submit a new DoVA disability claim via eBenefits for faster processing upon becoming a military disabled veteran.

But, it's highly important to remember to submit the new DoVA disability claim within one year of your departure from military active duty so that the DoVA effective date for any service-connected medical conditions can be annotated as one day after your official release from military active duty. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">