VA Completion Date Constantly Changing

panzefaust

Registered Member
I submitted my claim 4/20/18 for my foot and neck (I have an LOD for both of them). My est. completion date was 7/20/18 and goes to preparation for decision. Then it goes to 1/30/19 then 5/20/19 and now 4/15/20 WTF!!! I havn't received anything asking for an appoint nor request for more information. Can anyone explain why I'm having my dates continuously pushed out? TIA!!!

chaplaincharlie

Staff Member
PEB Forum Lifetime Supporter
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
As the case moves from desk to desk new estimates are established. The VA process has improved in the last 5 years, but still needs improvement. It is frustrating.

matt.edward.jones

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
As the case moves from desk to desk new estimates are established. The VA process has improved in the last 5 years, but still needs improvement. It is frustrating.
Exactly. If you are 99% done but they kick it back to 'gathering evidence' because they need to ask you a simple question, the estimate will go further out even though you're actually closer to being done.

RonG

Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Non-PEB situation:

My Vietnam vet brother submitted a “ready to rate “ claim December 2018.

Two weeks ago eBenefits changed to show estimated completion November xx, 2019. Last night he received a retro payment from the VA for Jan-Feb 2019.

I have had similar experiences with “unusual “ projected dates.

Ron

PEBMember2017

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I submitted my claim 4/20/18 for my foot and neck (I have an LOD for both of them). My est. completion date was 7/20/18 and goes to preparation for decision. Then it goes to 1/30/19 then 5/20/19 and now 4/15/20 WTF!!! I havn't received anything asking for an appoint nor request for more information. Can anyone explain why I'm having my dates continuously pushed out? TIA!!!
Are you in RAMP or the legacy process?

The VA has in the past stated not to give too much credence to the projected dates, however, you've been waiting for quite a time. From my understanding, as of Feb 2019, most if not all cases have now moved into this RAMP-type process for quicker adjudication, which averages 125 days (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

Last edited:

Keatsj1964

Registered Member
I opted for Higher Review in July 2018. They keep changing the date, requesting more info even AFTER I entered RAMP, wrote letter requesting decision, requested decision via EBen. It's a joke.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">