VA Disability Letter

pharmphresh12

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Has anyone actually received a letter describing their ratings while going through the IDES process? Or were you just given your ratings by your PEBLO?

I received mine albeit after significant follow up with the VA. I initially didn’t receive my letter then called after waiting the required 10 days. Not only did they tell me my combine rating via telephone but they resent my proposed ratings for all my conditions, which I actually received the second time around.

Btw it’s definitely worth you requesting them again from the VA rather than wait on your PEBLO. My ratings were sent back to the PEB on September 3rd and I have yet to hear from my PEBLO.

I did. Was not expecting it but managed to get a copy - all it gave me was my overall percentage (not by condition) & more information on how to claim some additional benefits that I may be entitled to.

I received mine albeit after significant follow up with the VA. I initially didn’t receive my letter then called after waiting the required 10 days. Not only did they tell me my combine rating via telephone but they resent my proposed ratings for all my conditions, which I actually received the second time around.
That’s great news! Which number did you utilize to talk to them about your ratings?

I did. Was not expecting it but managed to get a copy - all it gave me was my overall percentage (not by condition) & more information on how to claim some additional benefits that I may be entitled to.
How long did it take you to receive your letter?

‭I called this number: 1 (844) 698-2311‬. Follow the prompts for claims and then when they ask what for your reason for calling is, say claims status. They’ll connect you with someone that can fax your your ratings or send them back out. I did both. Oddly enough I only received my detailed ratings for each condition via mail.

And it took roughly 6 calendar days to receive them. They say 5-7 is the window though. Also, if you’re like me and didn’t have a fax machine you can use a web service to receive your rating via fax.

And it took roughly 6 calendar days to receive them. They say 5-7 is the window though. Also, if you’re like me and didn’t have a fax machine you can use a web service to receive your rating via fax.
You’re awesome! Thanks so much!

Alright... so I called. They said I have a pending claim and I do not have any ratings ready. I’m not sure how this could be considering my case closed on 26 September. I guess I’ll be playing the waiting game with my PEBLO.

I am in the IDES as well waiting on my DA 199. As soon as my claim closed and went from pending decision approval back to review of evidence I checked the disability page on ebenefits and it gave me my total va rating and it showed what the va rated my ides meb conditions at as well. So you might try looking on ebenefits under the disability tab since your case closed. Once it is back to review after the pending decision approval it will stay that way until you separate and start receiving your benefits.

I am in the IDES as well waiting on my DA 199. As soon as my claim closed and went from pending decision approval back to review of evidence I checked the disability page on ebenefits and it gave me my total va rating and it showed what the va rated my ides meb conditions at as well. So you might try looking on ebenefits under the disability tab since your case closed. Once it is back to review after the pending decision approval it will stay that way until you separate and start receiving your benefits.
Thanks for the reply! My Ebenefits page hasn’t shown any disability ratings. I’ve seen with other individuals that the Ebenefits page is hit or miss as to whether or not it is showing the ratings.