VA estimated completion dates...

Nhoover500

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My IDES package has been at the VA since November 1st this morning I had a completion date of May 1st , now this afternoon it got moved to July 31st my peeblo said don’t go off of these times and he doesn’t see my case lasting that long what are y’alls experiences with the completion date time lines on VA.gov?

matt.edward.jones

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Since November, my claim had estimated date in February (forget exact date) and had been labled Pending Decision Approval, even before my exams were done.

They received my case for ratings on 8JAN but I think the status stayed almost exactly the same, estimated completion by February.

In February (when VA finally received the results of my last CP exam) I went back to Gathering Evidence and my estimated dates were pushed back to December 24.

On Monday, it advanced to Reviewing Evidence and the dates were moved up by 2 months to October 18. Checked this morning and it was the same.

Later in the day, my case was closed. Glean from that what you will. All it tells me is that the dates are not relevant to the specific case and are based on what status it happens to be in at the time. But when it can go from Reviewing Evidence straight to closed in less than a day, then it doesn't help much.

AWO2Hawaii

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
What about for Active Duty members going through the IDES program where they complete their C&P Exams prior to the VA starting the claim/rating process.

Nhoover500

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
If it’s IDES it’s all the same dude . We’re in the same boat. But I’m glad he said that because this is absolutely ridiculous. The way we have to alter and worry about this is almost comical.

AWO2Hawaii

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Makes sense... It's absolutely ridiculous we have to worry about such waiting game. Mines been in the Gathering Evidence stage for almost 2 months now... I'm hoping to see a closure randomly one day like Matt here. Guess we will see...

Nhoover500

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Yeah man , to be honest just because your VA stuff says one thing on like ebennies or VA.gov doesn’t mean it was really that date . Like for me mine says it was viewed nov 1 but my package from the unfit finds didn’t arrive until like feb 20th or something which is crazy.

Being AWO in Hawaii I suppose your with the P8?

AWO2Hawaii

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Nah, currently shore duty. Attached to P-3c Orions before I lost flight status. P-8s are cool, but flying the P-3c was raw, thrilling, and nostalgic... loved every minute. Yeah, my VA closure date is predicted for July 24th, hope that is not the case since they recieved my claims in October.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">