VA final rating timeline question

megabyte5689

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I just finished out my permissive and terminal leave and was officially medically retired on Nov 28. After submitting my DD214, I noticed on VA.gov my claim case was closed from my MEB and a new one was opened with a tentative date of Dec 24 for the case being finalized. My question is, typically how long did any of y’all wait for your final ratings, I know the MEB ones are proposed ones, I’m just curious as to how long it might take. I knew I wouldn’t be receiving payment until earliest January. Thanks in advance, this forum has been a great resource during my MEB.

Hey! My effective retirement date was 28 Oct and I uploaded my 214 that same day. New claim opened on 29 Oct and my ratings were final and visible on eBenefits on 29 Nov.

Congrats on your retirement!

I uploaded my DD 214 the first day of my retirement. In three days the second VA claim went to closed.

My last day on duty was April - no benefits due
May was was first month VA benefits were due.
First check arrived in mid-June.
Since then checks have arrived a little earlier in the month, without fail.

So another question. I’m still waiting for my final active duty check. I believed I received it this morning, it was a little less than what my LES stated. I figured it was because they took the survivors benefit plan payment out of it. I logged onto mypay and I have a retiree account section that has a verification of pay letter, I click it and open it up that says I’m entitled to a gross monthly rate of $$. Does this mean that they’re paying me DoD retiree? I definitely signed for the VA ratings and wanted the VA comp over the DoD. Please someone explain this to me!