VA Proposed Combined Rating Letter

AMNchazMEB.2020

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Team,

I recently received my VA Proposed Combined Rating Letter and have a few questions. The proposed rating, is that most likely the compensation I will ACTUALLY receive? Is it subject to change, has anyone seen that happen from experience? I'm fairly happy with it and don't want to get my hopes up.
Side note, I have yet to receive the AF 618 to sign and/or do my VA exit interview.

Also, I receive a request to file an additional claim after my C&P exams were completed. To tie back to the previous questions, will that affect my process? I am hoping it does not slow anything down and prolong this process. My hope is that the new claims is just added on (since the benefit was request from the VA, and I am entitled to it apparently).

Any input and experience is much appreciated. This site has been a great help.

Last edited:
A proposed VA rating is usually the amount you get. If there were a material error or fraud it could change. That rarely occurs.

Could your numbers change with a new claim? They could. They could change without a new claim. But they would usually only change if there were a nexus or statutory reason to do so. Have you asked the MSC if these percentages were deemed permanent? If they are temporary numbers the VA is required to re-exam you on those contentions. If you your new claim is related to an old claim (like adding leg pain) to a hip claim; the original claim would likely be re-examined with the the new claim. Some claims require as re-examination.

A proposed VA rating is usually the amount you get. If there were a material error or fraud it could change. That rarely occurs.

Could your numbers change with a new claim? They could. They could change without a new claim. But they would usually only change if there were a nexus or statutory reason to do so. Have you asked the MSC if these percentages were deemed permanent? If they are temporary numbers the VA is required to re-exam you on those contentions. If you your new claim is related to an old claim (like adding leg pain) to a hip claim; the original claim would likely be re-examined with the the new claim. Some claims require as re-examination.
Again thank you for your help and Insight on this process. I will do my due diligence to reach out to my MSC to confirm permanent or temporary standings. These are currently all new claims, maybe just one that was overlooked from my records that they want to add from my overall combined rating