VA rating timeline + impending EAOS

HCIC6Z

Registered Member
I'm waiting for my PEB/VA ratings to come back and I already know i'm going to give the rating an appeal and i should be getting the ratings any time now. My EAOS is March 31st 2019. What will happen if i dont get my ratings back before that date? Will i still separate and then just wait? Or will i have to stay in until they give me my appealed ratings back, then wait for separation/retirement?

OllieT

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hey @HCIC6Z, sounds like your timeline is pretty much the same as mine (application with the VA). I think once you enter the IDES process, your EAOS does not exsist. You will stay in an active status until you recieve your retirement/seperation orders. When was your application sent to the VA?

HCIC6Z

Registered Member
The rating office received my findings from the FPEB on November 21st. I did all of my VA physicals back in May however.

MattCollins7

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Just curious, how long did it take once the PEB received your package to the time you got a response? Mine was submitted a few weeks ago(a few hiccups along the way), so I'm just curious what a realistic response time looks like.

HCIC6Z

Registered Member
I appealed my fit findings I got in August. I did a formal board November 8th. My PEBLO said on November 21st it was at the ratings office because I called him and asked. The system they use to send documents had a security issue and they patched it making it run very slowly when sending documents From what I was told.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">