VA rating %

JoePlasm

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Does anyone know of a way to see how far a long in the % process you are? Or about how long it will take (in current environment)?

PEB only took about 2 weeks, but my PEBLO and MSC give VASTLY different estimates for how long the VA will take to provide my % to the PEB.

I think we need to clear up the language about all this - as I recently posted on another thread. From my understanding, once PEB gives thumbs up/down and a fitness of duty letter, things are sent off to VA to request ratings. I was told THIS process can take 2 months or longer; but I had my ratings back in 2 weeks. However, PEBLO will not read them to me and I don't know what they are b/c PEB has not signed off on them and prepared my 199. Is this what you mean by "PEB took only about 2 weeks" - or do you mean PEB communicating VA ratings to you? Like i mentioned, just in my situation, the time frame was exactly reversed. Once PEB asked for ratings I had them in just 2 weeks - but 199 and PEB approval of ratings is now on week 3.....

From my MED being set to PEB and PEB declaring me unfit - was 2 weeks.

My PEBLO is saying VA rating time till sending to PEB for 199 generation is 2-3 weeks
MSC is saying VA rating time till sending to PEB for 199 generation is2-4 Months

PEBLO has said once the PEB receives my VA ratings they are currently taking 7-10 days to finish the 199 and send it back to my PEBLO.

So my question is specific to what are peoples experience with the middle portion, i.e. who's likely to be more accurate the PEBLO or the MSC? (2-4 weeks or 2-4 Months)?

Got it. Thxs for the clarification. My experience is closer to PEBLO. Mine was exactly two weeks. Took them 2 weeks for generation of ratings.

However, PEB to generate my 199 it is taking longer than 7-10 days. I am going on third week (technically day 18).....

In general for both anyone viewing this, most of the "timelines" that "cant be busted" do get busted. There are pamphlets and guides stating hard fast down to the day numbers... but there is no recourse to the member if those days are busted. To the service member expect 2-4 weeks for every stage, don't be surprised when every stage actually takes 2-180 days.

From my MED being set to PEB and PEB declaring me unfit - was 2 weeks.

My PEBLO is saying VA rating time till sending to PEB for 199 generation is 2-3 weeks
MSC is saying VA rating time till sending to PEB for 199 generation is2-4 Months

PEBLO has said once the PEB receives my VA ratings they are currently taking 7-10 days to finish the 199 and send it back to my PEBLO.

So my question is specific to what are peoples experience with the middle portion, i.e. who's likely to be more accurate the PEBLO or the MSC? (2-4 weeks or 2-4 Months)?

my timeline is about one week behind yours. Received my unfit memo last week. However when I look at the dashboard, it says the VA rating portion is complete. my PEBLO says he has received nothing yet.

How do you get to this dashboard? I've heard of it but never found it.

my timeline is about one week behind yours. Received my unfit memo last week. However when I look at the dashboard, it says the VA rating portion is complete. my PEBLO says he has received nothing yet.
Dont worry about dashboard. I followed it for a while, but it was not accurate... so i stopped..

My PEBLO had said last week that she thought I might have my 199 by end of the month, but as of today's check-in, VA hasn't finished generating my %'s yet. So I doubt I'll see a 199 this month.

My PEB was sent April 2nd and I was found unfit April 10th and sent to the VA for ratings so now I’m waiting for the ratings to get attached. Sounds like I can be anywhere from 1-4 months from being out.

How long after yalls peb’s did it take to see sky changes at the va.gov site? I just had my fpeb wed. I am wondering how long it takes them to get stuff off to the VA.

I still don't have changes in VA.gov My understanding is because I'm still AD and it wont change till terminal leave is over and you belong to the VA. I final out on Tuesday, just for reference to where I am in the process.

Wow so you’ve signed for your findings already but your claim is still pending on va.gov?? I didn’t think it was supposed to work like that

Wow so you’ve signed for your findings already but your claim is still pending on va.gov?? I didn’t think it was supposed to work like that
Just a guess, but a VA award cannot have an effective date earlier than the day after discharge (i.e., first day in a retired status).

I suspect va.gov is similar to eBenefits in that it is updated by other systems, not direct input by VA employees.

Those who completed the process will have contemporary info.

Ron

An unfit finding generates two VA claims. Typically when the VA reports back to the PEB the VA close the original claim and opens a new claim. The new claim is pending, but it is pending receipt of a DD214 from the veteran. If people are not carefully they will just see the pending claim and not realize the original claim has been closed.

So mine took 7 buisness days from my fpeb to finalize my ratings must be a new record!!! They wouldn’t tell me the exact rating over the phone but it’s not quite 100 apparently but close. I really want to get out and not take time for a varr. Is it hard to get these changes made immediately after I am discharged?

An unfit finding generates two VA claims. Typically when the VA reports back to the PEB the VA close the original claim and opens a new claim. The new claim is pending, but it is pending receipt of a DD214 from the veteran. If people are not carefully they will just see the pending claim and not realize the original claim has been closed.
My claim status is closed and it says they have decided my ratings. But there is no new claims generated. Should I worry? I also haven't received my ratings yet.My case was closed on Oct 16.

No, there can be a gap between the two claims.