VA Ratings complete now at PEB

50crushplan

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello all, so my PEBLO contacted me this morning letting me know my ratings are complete and the "Army" is reviewing them. Does any one know approximately how much time remains before the ratings are disclosed to me? Thank you all!

2-4 weeks. But you have holiday hours in effect at this time, so I'd allow a few extra days.

Hello all, so my PEBLO contacted me this morning letting me know my ratings are complete and the "Army" is reviewing them. Does any one know approximately how much time remains before the ratings are disclosed to me? Thank you all!
Indeed, as @chaplaincharlie stated above especially due to the Christmas holiday season at this particular point in time. No worries, the Army PEB is definitely aware of the holiday season processing challenges to complete the DA Form 199 and hopefully has implemented appropriate measures to help minimize any extended wait times prior to officially publishing the IPEB findings to your assigned PEBLO.

In retrospect, I had experienced similar extended processing times albeit from a FPEB hearing scheduled prior to the start of the Christmas holiday season when previously on military active duty in the U.S. Army. As such, it took a couple of weeks to eventually receive the DA Form 199-1 (Formal Physical Evaluation Board Proceedings) from the FPEB. But due to the holiday season, I was granted extended time to review the DA Form 199-1 document and then I submitted a FPEB appeal/rebuttal (as warranted in my particular case) with the assistance of my assigned FPEB attorney. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Well my question was answered on Friday. My PEBLO called I went in and signed 20% army100% VA. So I get the severance however I am getting conflicting ways to calculate the amount. Is it basepay times 2 times years of service? So mine would be like 3300 for E5 with 12 yrs times 2 times 12? Thank you all for the help.

So you got your rating before you even got to the PEB?

Well my question was answered on Friday. My PEBLO called I went in and signed 20% army100% VA. So I get the severance however I am getting conflicting ways to calculate the amount. Is it basepay times 2 times years of service? So mine would be like 3300 for E5 with 12 yrs times 2 times 12? Thank you all for the help.
Base Pay x 2 x Years of Service, that is correct. ALSO be sure to check this out because it will have information on how to recover the taxed portion of your severance since it appears that you will be paid by the VA for that disability therefore you will have to pay back the severance so it should be received tax-free and should not count as wages earned for your tax season.

Base Pay x 2 x Years of Service, that is correct. ALSO be sure to check this out because it will have information on how to recover the taxed portion of your severance since it appears that you will be paid by the VA for that disability therefore you will have to pay back the severance so it should be received tax-free and should not count as wages earned for your tax season.

Thanks brother, I am not having to pay it back it was found combat related. Thanks for the help.

Thanks brother, I am not having to pay it back it was found combat related. Thanks for the help.
yea that's no problem, just ensuring you have all of the information in the event it is taxed upon receipt you can claim it all back anyhow.