VA Sent Letter for Additional Claims

Minmuf1

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
First time posting on here, I'll try to make everything make sense. I've been going through the medboard process since June 2019. Had all my appointments completed in July and was found Unfit on November 16. A few days ago (post dated November 21) I received a letter in the mail from the VA stating that I may be eligible for additional compensation for Left Hallus Valgus and Bilateral Plantar Fasciitis. I checked eBenefits/VA.gov and my findings showed that I had a closed claim and an active claim still gathering evidence. The weird part is that the active claim contained everything I had originally claimed, so why did I have one active claim and one closed claim? I went to speak to my PEBLO and she was confused as well, so she looked on her computer (apparently she has access to see where my case is in the system) and found that the VA has rated me 100%. I guess my question is, is it possible these numbers could change, meaning maybe the VA wasn't done with all of my claims, and if not (I know it's a waiting game) has anyone been in a similar situation and can they tell me how long it took for them to accept their findings? Thanks for reading!

You may want to talk with the VA military service coordinator (MSC) there and get more information. Normally, the Benefit Delivery at Discharge (BDD) claim is processed when you are between 180 and 90 days pre-discharge. They will process the claim while you're still serving and the effective date will be your date of separation (your closed claim). When you add claims to the BDD claim and there are fewer than 90 days remaining, the VA will not begin processing this until you separate, however, the effective date will still be the date of separation (your open claim).

You may want to talk with the VA military service coordinator (MSC) there and get more information. Normally, the Benefit Delivery at Discharge (BDD) claim is processed when you are between 180 and 90 days pre-discharge. They will process the claim while you're still serving and the effective date will be your date of separation (your closed claim). When you add claims to the BDD claim and there are fewer than 90 days remaining, the VA will not begin processing this until you separate, however, the effective date will still be the date of separation (your open claim).

Thank you. I'll try calling them today to get clarification

I had the same situation...the MSC had my new conditions paperwork typed up for my exit interview. I declined to add them
Since I’m already at 100% P&T. I didn’t want them reviewing my case and possibly taking away percentages I was initially granted.

I was found unfit Oct 27 and my case was closed on va.gov on Nov 27. i'm still waiting for ratings or the letter.

All my claims are display but they are open. i was told they will stay open until my last day in the Navy. The VA.gov is the one that reads claim was closed on Nov 27th.

I had the same situation...the MSC had my new conditions paperwork typed up for my exit interview. I declined to add them
Since I’m already at 100% P&T. I didn’t want them reviewing my case and possibly taking away percentages I was initially granted.
Do you remember how long it took to sign for your ratings?

I was found unfit Oct 27 and my case was closed on va.gov on Nov 27. i'm still waiting for ratings or the letter.
I called the VA today and apparently they sent out a letter with my proposed ratings on Nov 20. I still have yet to receive it. The representative said she was going to have it mailed out again. Was the proposed rating letter what you actually got for disability when you went to accept your findings?

I never received a letter at home with my ratings...it was sent to my PEBLO. The letter with the additional condition, however, did come to my house. I signed for my ratings a little over 2 months after it was initially sent to IPEB.

I called the VA today and apparently they sent out a letter with my proposed ratings on Nov 20. I still have yet to receive it. The representative said she was going to have it mailed out again. Was the proposed rating letter what you actually got for disability when you went to accept your findings?
I'm going through the same situation. Since we are in the MEB process, the VA sent your rating to your PEBLO (which is why she can see its 100%). You will not receive the letter directly from the VA. Now you are waiting on your PEBLO to send the form with your VA and DOD ratings to sign for. There are 2 claims on VA.gov as they keep one open until you exit the Military.

I never received a letter at home with my ratings...it was sent to my PEBLO. The letter with the additional condition, however, did come to my house. I signed for my ratings a little over 2 months after it was initially sent to IPEB.

Thank you for the clarification. It all makes sense now how I cant see the letter they sent and I never recieved it.

I'm going through the same situation. Since we are in the MEB process, the VA sent your rating to your PEBLO (which is why she can see its 100%). You will not receive the letter directly from the VA. Now you are waiting on your PEBLO to send the form with your VA and DOD ratings to sign for. There are 2 claims on VA.gov as they keep one open until you exit the Military.
Thank you! I guess I'll try and contact her after the holidays and see what the hold up is.