VA thru CRDP?

Pavetim

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Ok I am confused. I have 18 years in and getting an MEB. Not sure if my ratings yet but I know VA will be 50% at least cause i have sleep apnea. So say I get dod 30% that means I can medically retire but my pay will be offset, cant have both. If thats the case can i go ahead and apply for TERA now even if it's offered before MEB goes they? If I am approved for TERA from,what i read i wpuld get crdp at 45% my base pay plus my VA compensateation. That right? I'm freaking out a little cause i thought if you got 50% va and 30% dod with less than 20 years i would get both as a medical retiree, but apparently I am wrong as that bill is still in work now.

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Ok I am confused. I have 18 years in and getting an MEB. Not sure if my ratings yet but I know VA will be 50% at least cause i have sleep apnea. So say I get dod 30% that means I can medically retire but my pay will be offset, cant have both. If thats the case can i go ahead and apply for TERA now even if it's offered before MEB goes they? If I am approved for TERA from,what i read i wpuld get crdp at 45% my base pay plus my VA compensateation. That right? I'm freaking out a little cause i thought if you got 50% va and 30% dod with less than 20 years i would get both as a medical retiree, but apparently I am wrong as that bill is still in work now.
TERA has been discontinued by the Army. https://www.army.mil/article/198580/as_early_retirement_program_ends_soldiers_have_until_jan_15_to_apply

I do not know the status of TERA for the other services.

"Soldiers eligible for TERA must submit a request through their chain of command no later than Jan. 15 [2018]. Commanders are required to expedite the applications, as the authority to approve TERA requests will expire on Feb. 28 [2018]. "

As you mentioned, TERA retirees are eligible for CRDP.

I hope you find a path to a 20 year retirement.

Good luck,
Ron

Pavetim

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Me too not Sure even with appeals if i can stretch it 2 more years.

Orange Sky

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I stretched mine out close to 10 months before I withdrew my SAFPC appeal. I have no idea how much longer my case was scheduled to sit in their queue. Was told 8-10 months. Just file appeals all the way up and use your full allotted timeframes to your advantage, if that’s what you want. Save all of your leave you can.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">