VA

Kjwalker95

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hey all, just have a general question that I hope someone can answer. So I called the VA today to check the status of my claim. The VA Rep on the phone told me that they need my DD214 and couldn't verify my branch of service. I then went on eBenefits and saw that my claim that was submitted on 11AUG was still in the "Gathering Evidence" phase and that the Initial Review had been completed.

However, there were two changes. My date of completion had been moved farther away to 09SEP17 - 30APR18. I also have a new Historical claim that was opened 14DEC and closed 27DEC. What does this mean?

When I had that happen, it was when I was found unfit, I would say call your PEBLO to see if that came in

When I had that happen, it was when I was found unfit, I would say call your PEBLO to see if that came in

I was found unfit on 14DEC. I saw your other thread, saying your ratings had come in. Does this mean that mine should be in fairly soon?

I was found unfit on 14DEC. I saw your other thread, saying your ratings had come in. Does this mean that mine should be in fairly soon?

A few other sailors that i met out here in the PEB process in D.C. also got their ratings earlier this week. as each person checked with their PEBLO we were all told it could be a month or 3 months, then a week later and we all have our ratings. if you found out about unfit on the 14th then I would think you should get yours soon, my claim opened on the 4th, then closed on the 12th..I hope yours come soon (if its same as mine, you will get called about your ratings in 16 days like me :) ) but if not the average I have seen is 2 months from Unfit notice, so by 14FEB2017. now this is the military so I'm just hoping yours goes fast. sending you good vibes

Can someone tell me where they are checking their E-benefits from. I was found unfit in Oct it was sent over to the VA. PEBLO said VA sent it back to DOD on the 5th of Dec. However when I go to E-benefits and click on claims it states I have nothing in there. No historical no nothing.

Did you get your findings yet?

What base are you stationed on?

I looked at your timeline and our timelines have matched up with pretty much everything except that my package was sent back to the PEB from the VA 4 days after yours. I'm hoping that this means my findings come within the next week.

Last edited:
I looked at your timeline and our timelines have matched up with pretty much everything except that my package was sent back to the PEB from the VA 4 days after yours. I'm hoping that this means my findings come within the next week.
That's what I was thinking too, I remembered you saying that our timelines were similar. Did you hear anything back yet?

That's what I was thinking too, I remembered you saying that our timelines were similar. Did you hear anything back yet?

Not yet. Hopefully, I hear something by the end of the day. Knowing my PEB office, they probably already have it and just haven't called.

Not yet. Hopefully, I hear something by the end of the day. Knowing my PEB office, they probably already have it and just haven't called.
I'm also pretty sure you can call the PEB and ask if your stuff is done yet. I heard a few people say that they did that and the PEB ended up being able to send their package back within a few days of getting nudged.