VARR and NOD

If I elect to do a PEB VARR does that prevent me from filing a NOD when I am officially retired?

Am I better off just leaving retiring and filing a NOD?

I am TDRL DOD 70% and 80% VA. I have one permanent condition that is 30% and the "unstable" condition is PTSD at 50%. I am thinking of doing a VARR on the PTSD to get up to 70%. If it fails, then I would try to file a NOD when I get out. If that failed then I would try to get an increase at the TDRL appointment. If there are any holes in my logic then let me know.

No holes in your logic.

Does your C&P evaluation have language that supports a 70% rating? What box was checked on the DBQ in section IV?

Both process will be available to you as you laid them out. Getting the percentage raised is based on social and occupational functioning. If you haven't already, you may want to review the CFR as to functioning and percentages. This will let you know what you should reasonably expect.

They check blocked the social and occupational note that gives me a 10% rating. The check boxes on symptoms lists difficulty with work and social situations. My lawyer advised me to get statements and get docs to put verbiage for 70% rating. I guess the big thing is to use lots of examples.

If you are listed at 10%, however they are going to TDRL you at 50%, it may be hard to do a VARR to get the rating to 70%.

It is worth a try though, you are going to have to use evidence that exists in your current medical record.

What do I do to prevent getting docked down to 10% at my TDRL appointment? I figure if I remain unemployed and go to my VA appointments that will probably help.

What do I do to prevent getting docked down to 10% at my TDRL appointment? I figure if I remain unemployed and go to my VA appointments that will probably help.

You are already rated at 10%, the 50% pay is just part of the TDRL process (minimum payment). If your condition is stable then you may find yourself at 10% PDRL.

Remaining unemployed will make you broke and might really affect your dignity and worth as a person. Attending all appointments is a given, since your goal should be to rehabilitate yourself.

PTSD is not necessarily a condition that will define you as a person for the rest of your life. It takes work, but many of the symptoms can be overcome with the right treatment.

The VA gave me 50% for PTSD. So I guess what I am asking is if they consider it stable then will my DOD rating stay at 50% for that condition?

Yes. Dod 70, va 80. I am asking if the dod can lower my rating at the tdrl appointment.
Yes, they can if the medical evidence supports it! Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!