VARR Processing

Whitelighter

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hey guys,
I just submitted my VARR today. I'm so excited and optimistic about the outcome. My case is an open/shut type case. My local attorney told me I would be successful with the evidence I had and that was before I got even more evidence. I just wanted to make sure I understand the process.
1. VARR gets submitted to PEB
2. PEB sends it to the VA
3. VA reviews and makes decision
4. Goes back to the PEB
5. I get my ratings.

Is my list complete? Also, is it realistic to think my stuff can be completed in a month? Its just wishful thinking, but it doesn't hurt to hope for the best, but expect the worst.

I just submitted my VARR today. I'm so excited and optimistic about the outcome. My case is an open/shut type case. My local attorney told me I would be successful with the evidence I had and that was before I got even more evidence. I just wanted to make sure I understand the process.
Hope it all goes well for you! Here are my thoughts:

1. VARR gets submitted to PEB
2. PEB sends it to the VA
3. VA reviews and makes decision
4. Goes back to the PEB
5. I get my ratings.

This is a pretty good list and understanding of the process. I could interject and suggest other steps (maybe a step 6- later appeals to the service if your VARR comes back with something significant?). But, this is not a bad list of steps.

Is my list complete?
See above....really, I could probably "war game" and interpose other hypothetical issues/lists....of the top of my head, I can see, potentially, some additional evidence or facts that pop up that make you want to submit further matters and argument and that might add in steps....overall, though, the list looks pretty good for a standard understanding of the process.

Also, is it realistic to think my stuff can be completed in a month?
Depends...I have had VARRs come back in that time frame (really, I had one come back in a few days), when the issues are very clear cut. On the flip side, I have had VARRs take nine months or more in a few cases. Really depends on the facts and circumstances of the case and the VARO/D-RAS work load.

Best of luck! Hope all goes your way!!

Hope it all goes well for you! Here are my thoughts:

This is a pretty good list and understanding of the process. I could interject and suggest other steps (maybe a step 6- later appeals to the service if your VARR comes back with something significant?). But, this is not a bad list of steps.

See above....really, I could probably "war game" and interpose other hypothetical issues/lists....of the top of my head, I can see, potentially, some additional evidence or facts that pop up that make you want to submit further matters and argument and that might add in steps....overall, though, the list looks pretty good for a standard understanding of the process.

Depends...I have had VARRs come back in that time frame (really, I had one come back in a few days), when the issues are very clear cut. On the flip side, I have had VARRs take nine months or more in a few cases. Really depends on the facts and circumstances of the case and the VARO/D-RAS work load.

Best of luck! Hope all goes your way!!
THANK YOU!