VARR question

Hi all. Sorry if this is a sort of silly question. I think I know the answer but I want to verify. If you request a VARR, and the VA accepts it and agrees to increase your percentage, does that mean your DOD percentage will automatically increase too for that referred condition? I did a VARR for my main referred condition which had been 20% originally. My PEBLO told me he could see in the system that the VA agreed and increased me to 30% or higher (he couldn't see the exact number), but the PEB was still working it all on their end cuz they are all backed up these days. Does this mean I will be getting medically retired then? I'm just not 100% clear on whether the PEB could say nope we don't agree lol. Thanks all!

Hi all. Sorry if this is a sort of silly question. I think I know the answer but I want to verify. If you request a VARR, and the VA accepts it and agrees to increase your percentage, does that mean your DOD percentage will automatically increase too for that referred condition? I did a VARR for my main referred condition which had been 20% originally. My PEBLO told me he could see in the system that the VA agreed and increased me to 30% or higher (he couldn't see the exact number), but the PEB was still working it all on their end cuz they are all backed up these days. Does this mean I will be getting medically retired then? I'm just not 100% clear on whether the PEB could say nope we don't agree lol. Thanks all!
Yes the DOD will go by the increase. In this case, if the VA increased your rating to 30%, then DOD has to medically retire you. Good luck!

Yes the DOD will go by the increase. In this case, if the VA increased your rating to 30%, then DOD has to medically retire you. Good luck!
awesome, thank you!!

Enjoy your RETIREMENT.

Enjoy your RETIREMENT.
Thank you so much!!! I am SO excited they agreed and increased my percentage! Now just got to wait for the PEB to process it all and send it on so I can get moving towards the end... I don't mind waiting now though :)

Thank you so much!!! I am SO excited they agreed and increased my percentage! Now just got to wait for the PEB to process it all and send it on so I can get moving towards the end... I don't mind waiting now though :)

Good afternoon, have you heard anything back about the results of your VARR? My ebenefits/vets.gov just changed a little. The last updated date is now today (20 Mar) and it states on my open claim that a development letter has been sent. Did yours update like this? I am hoping to hear soon and this means the VA is done and sent their response to the PEB.

Good afternoon, have you heard anything back about the results of your VARR? My ebenefits/vets.gov just changed a little. The last updated date is now today (20 Mar) and it states on my open claim that a development letter has been sent. Did yours update like this? I am hoping to hear soon and this means the VA is done and sent their response to the PEB.

I never had any change on ebenefits/vets.gov I check almost every day or so though even though I read here you won't be able to track VARR status. I have unofficially heard from my PEBLO (last Tues or so) that my VARR was accepted and agreed with (yay!), however the PEB is SO backed up that they have not done anything with it on their end. The VA side is all done though. Hope you get some news soon! What PEB are you at?

I'm Air Force so my PEB is in San Antonio. I'm hoping to hear soon.

I'm Air Force so my PEB is in San Antonio. I'm hoping to hear soon.
I'm San Antonio too...apparently they are ridiculously super backed up :( It's so frustrating!

Are you Air Force? My PEB only took a week the first time around. Hopefully it will be the same this time.

Are you Air Force? My PEB only took a week the first time around. Hopefully it will be the same this time.
Ah no. I am actually Army. There's definitely a huge hold up at JBSA these days.

Ah no. I am actually Army. There's definitely a huge hold up at JBSA these days.

Our timeline is pretty close (Submitted VARR 14 FEB 17), but I have not heard anything back about mine. I emailed my PEBLO last week and he said it is at the VA, but they have not completed the ratings review. The waiting is absolutely awful. I wish there was a way for us to track this on our own instead of emailing the PEBLOs.

Our timeline is pretty close (Submitted VARR 14 FEB 17), but I have not heard anything back about mine. I emailed my PEBLO last week and he said it is at the VA, but they have not completed the ratings review. The waiting is absolutely awful. I wish there was a way for us to track this on our own instead of emailing the PEBLOs.

Yes I know what you mean! My peblo was able to see that the VA was done, but I still haven't heard the actual numbers/decision. I just contacted him again yesterday so we will see if I get any more word. Hope you get some news soon..waiting sucks!

Have you got the results back from the PEB yet? What does your ebenifits status say? Mine updated last Monday to pending decision approval and the dates changed and the today it went to preparation for decision back to pending decision approval again with different dates again. I am not sure if this is an indication the VA is complete with my VARR. Ebenefits has been pretty accurate for me through this process.

Have you got the results back from the PEB yet? What does your ebenifits status say? Mine updated last Monday to pending decision approval and the dates changed and the today it went to preparation for decision back to pending decision approval again with different dates again. I am not sure if this is an indication the VA is complete with my VARR. Ebenefits has been pretty accurate for me through this process.

I still haven't heard back from the PEB. According to my PEBLO the VA is done and my percentages increased. on AKO it has my appeal as being done on 3/14/17. Ebenefits hasn't changed for me at all during the VARR process. It did during the peb part while waiting for initial ratings, but once those came back, no changes. The PEB is still so backed up...all they have to do is send my stuff on to HRC or whatever at this point and it's been at least 2 weeks already of just sitting there. So frustrating. Your stuff may be back from the VA too already and the PEB just hasn't done anything with it. Have ya asked your peblo or your msc? They can see when the VA is done apparently.

I received the VARR results. I got a small increase but not exactly what I was hoping for. 60% DOD and 60% VA PDRL.

I hope you get your results soon.

Just received an email from my PEBLO that he has received my VAR Reconsideration and PEB Memo for reconsideration and wants to meet tomorrow to go over it. I am hoping that is good news and my increase was approved.

I received the VARR results. I got a small increase but not exactly what I was hoping for. 60% DOD and 60% VA PDRL.

I hope you get your results soon.

Nice! Sory it wasn't exactly what you hoped, but that's still great! I actually ended up getting my results yesterday!

Just received an email from my PEBLO that he has received my VAR Reconsideration and PEB Memo for reconsideration and wants to meet tomorrow to go over it. I am hoping that is good news and my increase was approved.

Fingers crossed I think if you get a new 199 and he needs ya to sign, its due to a change so should be good! I just got mine yesterday. So now we wait for transproc...!

Well bad news is that I waited for 6 weeks for them to tell me that my VARR was not approved. Good news is that I am moving along now. I did not have to sign a new 199 because I signed it when I submitted by VARR on the chance it was denied. I am guessing now I wait for transition to contact me and for my orders. Since my VARR notice came back yesterday, does that start my 90 days?

I'm so sorry to hear that , but hey bright things are in your future I'm sure. Do you mind divulging what you were getting med boarded for and what you got for va