Veterans Advocate site

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have set up a separate site for issues with the Veterans Administration. I don't necessarily want to discourage folks from posting their VA issues on this site. However, I thought to set up a separate site to better address VA specific issues.

This is a new site and, like all sites of this nature, its success or failure will depend on the utility of the site. If it is helpful, it will thrive and I will continue to support it. If not, then it will have just be an effort to try to help Veterans to have a forum for information and a place to discuss their issues. Hope it is helpful: Veterans Advocate

nwlivewire

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Tried to sign up. Website said it would send confirmaton message to my registered website email addy.

no confirmation email.

asked your website to resend confirmation email.

it said it was successful at resending to my email.

still waiting confimation email.....

not sure I want my DOB out there for public viewing.

ok fixed my DOB issue.

still waiting for confirmation emal.

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Can you try again? This is a different software than this site, so it will likely have some growing pains. I did not require age publication, but this is very common for many sites because of legal issues with those under age 13 signing up. I think I just disabled this, but can't tell unless people respond. Same for the email verification, I think I just disabled this requirement. Thanks for the feedback and the help!

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
BTW, this site has newer, but in many ways better, software. I am interested in what people think about the software and may change PEBFORUM to run on this new XENFORO software. Input is welcome!

nwlivewire

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
i logged out and then logged in again.

It stiill says its waiting for confo email.

still no confo email

i am not considered a member - i'm still listed as a visitor

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
As far as age, registering with this was "default", but I think, not required....as far as email confirmation, one thought is that these things run on what is called "chron jobs." This means that there may be a lag between what is input and its reflection on the site. That is because the site does checks and updates every so many minutes.

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Can you check your spam folder? You are showing as registered but awaiting email confirmation.

nwlivewire

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
nothing in spam... doubled checked that already

made sure my email addy is correct.

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Try now...I checked something in the admin panel that may have changed your status....try logging into the site.

nwlivewire

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
thanks Jason!

Looking forward to this website taking off and becoming the Premier website for solid answers - just like this website here!

I'll definately pass this along to Vets I know, too!

nwlivewire

buckstr

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I tried to register on your new site from my Gov. computer but access was denied. I could look through some of the site but not all. I will have to check it out when I get off work.

spinal

PEB Forum Regular Member
Jason,
Could you help me out too,
I'm having the same issue as NWLIVEWIRE. I signed up but say awaiting confermation. Nothing in my SPAM folder either.

xeno

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I tried to register on your new site from my Gov. computer but access was denied. I could look through some of the site but not all. I will have to check it out when I get off work.
That happens with allot of sites. It (gov firewall) screens for keyword in the address line.

Oh Jason I don't get the email either... I think your site is still broken...

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have changed the registration set up to not require email confirmation. Hopefully, that fixes the problem....with nwlivewire, I could see her pending registration. Not sure what is going on, spinal, but I don't see anything on your registration. Could you try again? Thanks.

Jeep Freak

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
OK, I'm going to ask because I don't seem to know what site you guys are talking about?

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Xeno,

Can you try again? I disabled email verification since you first tried. A few folks have signed up recently, so I am wondering if it is a problem with the settings from before or whether it is a continuing problem.

spinal

PEB Forum Regular Member
Jason,
Could you just delete me from the new site. I will try creating a new account. I'm still having troubles as it still asks for e-mail verification and fails.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">