Veterans Advocate site

spinal,

I don't see you at all there....I am updating the site software right now, so that may fix the problem (let's hope!).

Still have problems wanting to verify my e-mail so I just created a new account with my wifes e-mail. Worked fine

WOW!

I was able to find a kewl avatar pic for your new website.

Wish I knew how to import that pic to here.

I really like my avatar pic!

WOW!

I was able to find a kewl avatar pic for your new website.

Wish I knew how to import that pic to here.

I really like my avatar pic!

Save the pic on your computer if you haven't already. You SHOULD be able to click here to go straight to the edit avatar screen. If that doesn't work, then go to you're settings (quickest way I've found is through the inbox) then click edit avatar in the left hand column.

Now, check "use custom avatar," then in option 2, hit browse. Find where you saved the pic from earlier, then save the changes.

Jason,

Thanks for taking even more time out of your day to help people! I like the idea of the new site and the layout looks pretty cool too. I just registered and had no problems.

Thanks, Josh! Glad to help where I can....it's always good to pass the knowledge along and help others. Hopefully, the new site takes off and reaches a critical mass where lots of good information is shared.

Thanks joshgo for the help with the avatar.

I did everything you said to do, but when I hit save, it came up with invalid file.

Wouldn't let me have my avatar on this site.

Maybe too large a file?

Don't know.

But I have a copy of the picture on my Word - that's where I pasted it to.

nwlivewire

Thanks joshgo for the help with the avatar.

I did everything you said to do, but when I hit save, it came up with invalid file.

Wouldn't let me have my avatar on this site.

Maybe too large a file?

Don't know.

But I have a copy of the picture on my Word - that's where I pasted it to.

nwlivewire

I'm guessing it's because it's not a picture file. Try pasting it in paint and saving as a .jpg

Thanks again for your help joshgo.

I am so in the Stone Age when it comes to computers and anything other than Word processing.

I figured out that the file is now a jpeg and it sits on my desktop as a jpeg.

But the file size says it is 44.5 KB and I can only have a max file size of 19.5 KB for an avatar on this site.

And yet the pic seems to be coming up here - but it's very small.

It's suppossed to be a female warrior with an owl on her shoulder and she's poised with a loaded arrow in her bow.

Pic is microscopic.

I am so lost, but somehow got this far.

Any ideas Joshgo?

Thanks!

nwlivewire

Thanks again for your help joshgo.

I am so in the Stone Age when it comes to computers and anything other than Word processing.

I figured out that the file is now a jpeg and it sits on my desktop as a jpeg.

But the file size says it is 44.5 KB and I can only have a max file size of 19.5 KB for an avatar on this site.

And yet the pic seems to be coming up here - but it's very small.

It's suppossed to be a female warrior with an owl on her shoulder and she's poised with a loaded arrow in her bow.

Pic is microscopic.

I am so lost, but somehow got this far.

Any ideas Joshgo?

Thanks!

nwlivewire

I'll PM you to keep from flooding this thread.