Wait time for FPE

IAMIS93

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I was found fit for full on November 1st 2017 and sent in my appeal on November 9th. Today is December 11th and I still have not gotten an acceptance or denial for an FPEB.

For those of you that have appealed you fit for full Findings, how long did it take to get an acceptance? And then a date for the board? (I’m Navy by the way)

If I were you, I wouldn't expect to hear anything until January at the earliest considering the holidays are upon us. For a reference, my appeal was submitted June 2nd and my package wasn't sent to the VA until about three months after that. I nonconcurred those findings when they came back and my formal board was scheduled exactly six weeks later. From my research, that six weeks is about the most gauranteed timeframe in this whole process.
I have been in your shoes and understand that you are anxiously awaiting your results, but try to be patient. Take this time to get your affairs in order (I know it's hard without having dates) and enjoy your holidays. Good luck!

Sounds like we are in the same boat. I demanded my FPEB first week of November and have not heard anything back yet. I am also Navy.

@mitch84 was your appeal to demand a Formal PEB?

Thanks!

@commsguy Technically it was a rebuttal to a FIT finding. They reviewed my appeal, came back with UNFIT for one condition and TDRL so I nonconcurred with those findings and requested the FPEB. Had my board on 28 November.

@mitch84 Thanks! Like you said it sounds like I wont hear back anything until January, I am at week 4 now since demanding FPEB.

Did you get any word back on the results from your FPEB?

How long was the actual hearing itself and what did it entail?

Thanks for the info!

@commsguy Yeah, I would imagine that you wouldn't hear anything but know they are supposed to give you 30 days notice as a curtosey. That being said, if they send your notification that your FPEB has been granted, it will more than likely be a minimum of 30 days after you are notified. So, if I was in your shoes I would plan on first week of February. I'm not saying it can't happen sooner, that is just a guess.

Uestion for you;
Why are you requesting a FPEB?

I knew what the results were before I even walked into the actual board. They offered to "stipulate", otherwise known as make a deal. My board lasted all of 12 minutes. I took their deal, so the board was just a formality at that point. If I would have elected to not accept the deal then I would have been in there for two hours and had to wait 4-10 weeks for their decision.
The Friday after my board I went in to get a copy of the paperwork. PDRL authorization message was waiting for me at work this morning.

Hi guys! Thanks for your responses. My PELBO has also told me to likely count on hearing something back in January. But this whole process is crazy! I feel like I have been suffering since I’ve been in the navy (6 years). The navy has also offered me many good things as well, but they do not out weigh the bad! My board was for PTSD and chronic migraines; both very severe. They found me fit for full due to a decrease in my mental health appointments (which has not been by choice but due to my Dr. having too many patients and not enough time to see us all) and they didn’t even mention my migraines in my finding report (even though I get about 3-6 a day, some lasting days, I miss Work or come lates at least 2 twice a week).

My husband will soon be PCSing to another state and I’ll be stuck here because of the long process!

@IAMIS93 sorry to hear that I hope all works out for you in the rest of the process. It is definitely a rollercoaster!

@mitch84 my IPEB came back and they had combined two unfitting conditions (back & sciatica/radiculopathy) as one and gave me the lower percent (20%). I am going to FPEB to get the conditions split and rated separately as they were in my VA claim so i would get 20% for the back and 10% for the radiculopathy and get the 30% TDRL instead of unfit w/ severance.

Hearing got pushed to January 31st.

It wasn't bad at all. I used nvlsp.org and they assigned me a lawyer who was amazing and worked extremely hard on my case.

They stopped him during his opening argument moved it along to elaborate on why my category 2 condition was separately unfitting. My lawyer asked me some questions. Then they took a break sent us out.

Called counsel back in and let them know that they agreed with what we wanted. Gave me my 30% and PDRL right there on the spot. Don't have to wait a month for findings to come back.

Hearing got pushed to January 31st.

It wasn't bad at all. I used nvlsp.org and they assigned me a lawyer who was amazing and worked extremely hard on my case.

They stopped him during his opening argument moved it along to elaborate on why my category 2 condition was separately unfitting. My lawyer asked me some questions. Then they took a break sent us out.

Called counsel back in and let them know that they agreed with what we wanted. Gave me my 30% and PDRL right there on the spot. Don't have to wait a month for findings to come back.

hmm...had no idea about nvlsp.org. I contacted the OAC and was appointed a disability attorney. Communication has been terrible, in my opinion. My IPEB was for one unfitting and nothing else was found unfitting. My attorney said he was going to attempt to combine my one unfitting with two others that should be unfitting to push me from 20% to 30%.